Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wanted: EGT gauge
#1
Anyone got one thats coming to pugfest that knows it works?

Got a decent sensor in...before I buy a decent gauge I want to check it works as a cheap crapinese version didnt!
Wishes for more power...
#2
Anyone?
Wishes for more power...
#3
how does your sensor connect?
#4
Thermocouple type

(Standard thing we all normally use Smile )
Wishes for more power...
#5
Got a stack one, thermocouple and all....

JP
JP
#6
(02-07-2014, 07:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thermocouple type

(Standard thing we all normally use Smile )

Well a stack differs from an autogauge for example in terms of how it physically connects on the gauge yeah?


(02-07-2014, 07:45 PM)jammapic Wrote: Got a stack one, thermocouple and all....

JP

^Buy this
#7
Cheers tom. As you know, stack is not cheap shit...
JP
#8
I know...but I aint got that sorta cash for that quality at this point...just need one I know works to try the sensor
Wishes for more power...
#9
Like I say, I've got a stack gauge and the stack thermocouple that came with it, all working perfectly and known good...
JP
#10
I know JP...Im just not that flush at the moment, hence why I havnt PM'd you from your parts thread. As much as I would really like it
Wishes for more power...
#11
you can check a thermocouple works with a multimeter mate.. some multimeters have an EGT guage plug on, mine has an EGT setting for use with the standard probes in DC
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
#12
What range on the multimeter?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
#13
Anyone got one to bring to pugfest? Smile
Wishes for more power...
#14
A bump on this. Sensor good. Need a gauge, anyone got a cheapo one kicking about to sell? Smile
Wishes for more power...
#15
Still got a stack one...
JP
#16
Still could only offer less than you want Tongue
Wishes for more power...
#17
£100, its cheap at that.
JP
#18
Sure is. But its still twice what I wana pay. Esp as I am likely to only use it on a temp' basis!
Wishes for more power...
#19
I have a hks one, but I can't remember if it was the gauge or thermocouple which broke..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#20
I need a thermocouple too now as mine is destroyed it turns out!
So may well get a new cheapo
Wishes for more power...
#21
Piggy, I have everything here... Wink
JP
#22
I have a probe that looks a bit mangled but is a Stack branded one you can have for a £5'er if that helps. The adapter it's joint to cost me more than that alone.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#23
Silver...already got a welded in threaded adapter in the manifold...would it fit that?!

JP...£50?
Wishes for more power...
#24
(03-11-2014, 10:01 AM)Piggy Wrote: Silver...already got a welded in threaded adapter in the manifold...would it fit that?!

JP...£50?

Meh dunno, I might of glued it in there or something, I'll have a look if I don't forget. Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#25
(03-11-2014, 07:21 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I have a hks one, but I can't remember if it was the gauge or thermocouple which broke..

Can you check buddy?? Smile
Wishes for more power...
#26
ebay. 35quid. Sensor and gauge. mcmillen motorsport or something like that.
Works fine.
Just search EGT gauge.
#27
Anything that will read a K-type thermocouple will do!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-DC-Tem...3a905f693a

^^ Insanely cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Digitals-Tem...1c2c08d1f2

^^ Pretty cheap and has options for an alarm temperature etc.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#28
That second one basically does two temp readings?? So I could have an intake air temp and exhaust temp?!

I had one of those cheap LED things...didnt work at all!
Wishes for more power...
#29
Nah, I think it has a little PID controller in it too - idea being for controlling a hot water tank and heater or similar... But will do the trick for you at a guess.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#30
anyone got a k type thermo' I can buy to test this LED screen I already have??
Wishes for more power...


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)