Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Oil temp question
#1
How hot should my oil temp get before I start to worry about it in my xu10j4rs?
#2
I think if it starts getting past 120-125 it'll start to kill the oil but I can't remember off the top of my head what mine used to get to after a hoon.. that said mine was a phase 2 and didn't have the oil cooler built into the radiator like on phase 3's
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
#3
depends on the oil your using
mineral based semi oils break down at lower temps than fully synth oil

on mine before i fitted the oil cooler temps on general driving temps ranged up to 95c
but soon as you hooned it or track abuse i did see close to 140c on a semi synth oil

this is the point i decided i needed an oil cooler to which i dont see over 90c now
#4
Haha I feel better now mine doesn't get that hot just over half way up the gauge and I always use fully synthetic oil
#5
As above, halfway is fine ?

Drop me a pm with your contact details mate, interested in buying your car.
#6
Without a cooler I got mine to 140 on track (very hot day)

But now get s to max 95-100 still not ideal but with a bigger cooler I should be fine.

Nor am ally in town if in sat for over 5 mins it starts creeping up.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#7
It's not really a bad thing that the oil gets past 100 when abusing it, keeps moisture from building up Smile
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
#8
Mine sits around 90 with normal driving


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)