LEDs / interior lights what have people done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEDs / interior lights what have people done?
I'm thinking of putting some switches in for various little bitsSmile
I'm thinking of led switches and interior lights.
I'm wanting to know if they have fitted LEDs or extra interior lights and where
Thanks
Thanks given by:
I did it in my XR2i back in 2004 all in blue. But I was 17. I thought it was 'bling' then.

I be tempted to do it in a white/yellow glow, but only when doors opened.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cully made a guide about fitting LEDs to some of the interior switches etc. Footwell lighting is easy to do. If you look in the ash tray of the centre console there is some wiring there with a bulb. You can use that to wire the footwell lighting in.
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:42 PM)SRowell Wrote: Cully made a guide about fitting LEDs to some of the interior switches etc. Footwell lighting is easy to do. If you look in the ash tray of the centre console there is some wiring there with a bulb. You can use that to wire the footwell lighting in.

I didn't find any wires when i removed the bottom half of the console.
I'll look for the guide.
Thanks given by:
It goes down and under I believe. Tucked away if you dont have the light as standard.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I did all blue LED lighting in my China 1.4, then replicated the arrangement in my DT, but in white instead. The blue was a bit much tbh, but the white worked quite well imo. The setup comprised of 5 x 5mm LED spots around the roof lining, 1 x 30cm LED strip in the middle of the roof lining, 2 x 30cm LED strips in the front footwells, and a 30cm LED strip on the bottom of each of the front doors, creating "puddle lights", all wired in to the interior lighting circuit. Plenty bright. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: It goes down and under I believe. Tucked away if you dont have the light as standard.

I'll have a look tomorrow.
I'm thinking of footwell lights and some in the back.

(10-09-2014, 07:53 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I did all blue LED lighting in my China 1.4, then replicated the arrangement in my DT, but in white instead. The blue was a bit much tbh, but the white worked quite well imo. The setup comprised of 5 x 5mm LED spots around the roof lining, 1 x 30cm LED strip in the middle of the roof lining, 2 x 30cm LED strips in the front footwells, and a 30cm LED strip on the bottom of each of the front doors, creating "puddle lights", all wired in to the interior lighting circuit. Plenty bright. Big Grin

Sounds good have you any pics?
Was it hard to wire in?
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-30CM-15-SMD...2c74a186cb
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:53 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:53 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I did all blue LED lighting in my China 1.4, then replicated the arrangement in my DT, but in white instead. The blue was a bit much tbh, but the white worked quite well imo. The setup comprised of 5 x 5mm LED spots around the roof lining, 1 x 30cm LED strip in the middle of the roof lining, 2 x 30cm LED strips in the front footwells, and a 30cm LED strip on the bottom of each of the front doors, creating "puddle lights", all wired in to the interior lighting circuit. Plenty bright. Big Grin

Was it hard to wire in?

No pics of the full setup, but theres a pic of the puddle lights and the footwell lights HERE, and they were very easy to install once i'd located the wires that powered the interior lights, just tapped into the circuit behind the front interior light. Wink
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 08:16 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:53 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:

Was it hard to wire in?

No pics of the full setup, but theres a pic of the puddle lights and the footwell lights HERE, and they were very easy to install once i'd located the wires that powered the interior lights, just tapped into the circuit behind the front interior light. Wink

I like the idea the pic looks good too!
I might have to borrow your idea.
I like the Diablo boot badge too.
Thanks given by:
By all means borrow away! I do miss that car. Sad
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 08:24 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: By all means borrow away! I do miss that car. Sad

The white wheels look good I've just bodged mine red and silver
I'm just unsure on the light situation as I don't want it to look daft if you know what I mean.
Thanks given by:
The white wheels are the ones that are gonna end up on the estate at some point! Wink

IMO, as long as you don't go over the top with it, a few choice additions should help you see better at night (when the doors are open), but won't look daft. Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 08:38 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: The white wheels are the ones that are gonna end up on the estate at some point! Wink

IMO, as long as you don't go over the top with it, a few choice additions should help you see better at night (when the doors are open), but won't look daft. Smile

I'll have a careful think about where I want them and how many I want
Thanks for the input Smile
Thanks given by:
No worries, feel free to give me a message if you want any more info. Smile
Thanks given by:
Where did you wire the puddle lights into? There any wires by or in the door to use or do you have to go all the way back to the interior light?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I went all the way to the interior light, followed up the a pillar. Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 07:33 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I went all the way to the interior light, followed up the a pillar. Wink

The wiring for the interior lights must come from somewhere at the base of the A pillar though. if you have a multimeter you could save yourself some of the wiring.
Thanks given by:
Well yeah, but I don't have a multimeter, and I had plenty of wire! lol
Thanks given by:
[attachment=18913]

Here is my lights lol need a nother plate for the r\s so it will be as bright as the left
Thanks given by:
When I first started to drive I used proper neons for the footwells and boot...

[Image: 2011-07-04171548.jpg]
[Image: 2011-07-04171535.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110914_195803.jpg]

with a switch to control them hidden away!

[Image: IMG_20110914_132923.jpg]

and I also put lots of LEDS in the heater lights...

[Image: IMG_20110914_115245.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110914_132913.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110914_195756.jpg]

and you can change the colour of your clock by removing the yellow filter and putting a piece of paper in.

[Image: IMG_20110930_152614.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110930_153037.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had a neon in the boot of my Rover 400. LEDs look a little classier I reckon. But I was younger then.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 01:28 PM)SRowell Wrote: When I first started to drive I used proper neons for the footwells and boot...

How can you change the colour of the heating system as i want to change them from yellow to white and also for the clock wont the paper heat up and catch on fire..?? (Just saying)..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by: