Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Virgin Media Mates Rates offer
#1
Hi fellas, considering you're all what i'd like to call "friends" i'm extending this lovely offer to you. I have no friends in real life so I will make out you are all my friends lol

The offer's open to anyone currently living in a Virgin Media serviceable area, whether new or existing customers. If you are an existing customer though there are a few eligibility criteria you need to meet. Here's the science bit.

Who gets it?

- New customers, and existing customers adding an RGU (An RGU is a revenue generating unit, such as Broadband, Phone or TV. It doesn't include TiVo or adding a mobile)
- Existing customers cannot have left Virgin Media or removed an RGU within 180 days of us receiving their application
- Under no circumstances should you disconnect one or more of your services in order to sign up for Mates Rates. If they receive a referral and find that you have disconnected one or more of your services, the referral will not be processed and you will not receive a discount
- If you have already signed up for all three Virgin Media cable services and are awaiting installation, you may not cancel the installation and sign up again in order to receive Mates Rates. If they find that this has happened then the referral will not be processed and you will not receive a discount
- Only new customers will receive a free install. Existing customers adding an RGU will be charged an install fee of £49.95
- Customers adding broadband will receive a free SuperHub

Still think you qualify?

The offer itself hasn't changed; you still get 3 of our very best cable services for nearly half price, including our fantastic TiVo service!

What do you get?

Virgin TV

TiVo 500Gb box
175 digital TV channels including Music Video on Demand
Plus, an additional set top box for another room

Virgin Broadband

Up to 30Mb fibre optic broadband
Free VM SuperHub Backup and store precious files. Print 50 free photos a month.

Virgin Phone

Completely unlimited calls to UK landlines, 24/7.
Plus, Talk International £2.00 and Talk Mobile £2.00 included for free.

All for just £43.01 a month (usually £76.96) when taken with e-billing on a Direct Debit. This price includes the £5.00 TiVo monthly charge. If you want one of our even bigger bundles, such as VIP which includes Sky Sports and Movies, you can take it out at full price and get the equivalent £33.95 discount instead! (VIP bundle usual cost £101.46, cost with Mates Rates £67.51).

If anyone's interested let me know, and any questions feel free to ask in here as my replies might answer other peoples' questions at the same time.

And remember...

I have the final say in this, so if I think you're a knob jockey you ain't getting shit lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#2
That would be pretty cool if i could get that Smile

I've got the 50mb package, would that change anything?

(got tv and phone etc as well)
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
#3
Gutted I don't get virgin in my area. Think I get it a by cheaper again working for virgin Atlantic but can't member. Least there r some perks for working for a company with its fingers in most pies lol
[Image: sig.jpg]
#4
cwspellowe Wrote:Hi fellas, considering you're all what i'd like to call "friends" i'm extending this lovely offer to you. I have no friends in real life so I will make out you are all my friends lol

...


I have the final say in this, so if I think you're a knob jockey you ain't getting shit lmao
lmao car fwenddd.

Thanks for posting this up Chris. So that you don't get newbies signing up and sending you PMs about this, I'd say it's probably a good idea if we limit it to members who have been around for at least a month and have a reasonable number of posts, what do you think? Obviously there will be exceptions for people who we may already know from other clubs who have signed up Smile

I mentioned this in PM, but are people eligible for this scheme if they are changing their package by upgrading a service?

Currently our services are in my mum's name, what if we were to cancel and then take out a new contract in my name (different surnames)?

Thanks again Chris.
#5
arse . . . .i already get all phone,tele and broadband . . .Sad
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#6
I already got all 3 Sad
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#7
dont get virgin round here!!! gutted
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#8
Best get looking for a new house then Jonny lol
#9
got everything i own on virgin. tish.....
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#10
Scott Wrote:Best get looking for a new house then Jonny lol

nah better the devil you know and all that!! i know all the scrotes round here so none of my shit gets touched lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#11
Unfortunately upgrades don't count as adding a service, so if you have all three you're out in afraid. If however you were to loave virgin and your partner were to take up the offer, well there's a grey area... Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#12
Feck living in the middle of fecking nowhere.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#13
I want tivo Sad
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#14
cwspellowe Wrote:I have the final say in this, so if I think you're a knob jockey you ain't getting shit lmao



LOL!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#15
Connor Wrote:I want tivo Sad

TiVo is quality!

Take it they don't do higher than 100mb at the moment?
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#16
Depends on your area mate, they're rolling out up to 120mbit in some places I believe.
#17
Scott Wrote:Depends on your area mate, they're rolling out up to 120mbit in some places I believe.

Yeah we're getting that soon apparently as a free upgrade. Can never have to much downloading power!!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#18
Yeah they're doubling everyone's speed, but that doesn't help me get tivo! Sad
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#19
Niall Wrote:
Scott Wrote:Depends on your area mate, they're rolling out up to 120mbit in some places I believe.

Yeah we're getting that soon apparently as a free upgrade. Can never have to much downloading power!!

Pretty poor in comparison to the 200Mb we're trialling in some areas :geek:
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#20
cwspellowe Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Yeah we're getting that soon apparently as a free upgrade. Can never have to much downloading power!!

Pretty poor in comparison to the 200Mb we're trialling in some areas :geek:

There's only so much porn a man can watch in a short period of time!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#21
None cares about 200mb... i wanna get tivo without being ripped of on installation...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#22
Connor Wrote:None cares about 200mb... i wanna get tivo without being ripped of on installation...

Wanna come and watch my TiVo? :mrgreen:

Do you know when there will be any 3d channels of VM?
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#23
No i want my own...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#24
I want 200mbit symmetrical connection! Actually f*ck it, Gbit symmetrical.
#25
Nile there's been some 3D content on demand before, will see if I can find out about channels when am back in work
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#26
cwspellowe Wrote:I have the final say in this, so if I think you're a knob jockey you ain't getting shit lmao[/b]


Where is that rep when i need it
#27
Can you explain why the VM Superhub is a steaming pile of dogshit and how it can be described as an 'upgrade' is absolute bollocks?! Even a rep from VM said on the phone that they admitted it wasn't all that! lol

Piece of shit. Had to hook it up to a seperate wireless router and run it in modem mode in order for it to actually work without shitting its' pants.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#28
c.a.r. Wrote:Can you explain why the VM Superhub is a steaming pile of dogshit and how it can be described as an 'upgrade' is absolute bollocks?! Even a rep from VM said on the phone that they admitted it wasn't all that! lol

Piece of shit. Had to hook it up to a seperate wireless router and run it in modem mode in order for it to actually work without shitting its' pants.
/End rant
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#29
c.a.r. Wrote:Can you explain why the VM Superhub is a steaming pile of dogshit and how it can be described as an 'upgrade' is absolute bollocks?! Even a rep from VM said on the phone that they admitted it wasn't all that! lol

Piece of shit. Had to hook it up to a seperate wireless router and run it in modem mode in order for it to actually work without shitting its' pants.

This is what I'm doing. Running it through my time capsule. As a router, it would max out at about 70 on wireless. Getting almost 100 through time capsule. But it still sometimes has a hissy fit.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#30
Because Virgin like to rush products out claiming they are "futureproof" when in fact yes, they are a steaming pile of dogshit. I still use my D-link 615 instead of the superhub but then i'm only on 30Mb. Virgin even recommends that you are hardwired for packages over 50Mb as opposed to wireless, an indirect concession that the superhubs aren't all that. As a modem they are capable up to 200Mb but they are crap wirelessly.

Should never have taken the Netgear contract imo but what do I know? I'm just a technician that gets called out to peoples houses when they can't get their Superhubs working, usually because they've died a horrible death...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eurocar parts offer daddyfixit 0 2,065 26-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  2017 New Car Tax Rates Herby7 12 10,258 05-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  offer pugmanxud 12 6,894 07-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Last Post: pugmanxud

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)