Stop Kony.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Kony.
http://vimeo.com/37119711

It's a long video, but give it a watch, it's got ridiculous amounts of support worldwide already.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Was confused when i watched the trailer! but yeh i see the point of this now
Thanks given by:
Wasnt sure where it was going, but by the end I was surprised. New concept but might work. Will look out for stuff on 20 April then..
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
It's huge all over facebook and twitter, definitely interesting to see what will come of the campaign!
Thanks given by:
Someone please explain, i don't have the attention span to watch a 30min video on YouTube lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In a nutshell:
There's a warlord from Uganda who leads a guerilla group called the 'Lord's Resistance Army' (LRA), who go around with no agenda of any kind other than to maintain his personal power.

They abduct children and use the boys as child soldiers and the girls as sex slaves, and have been doing so for a good 20 years now.

This is a campaign based on the idea that if we make Kony 'famous', and raise the awareness of this issue major organisations will be forced to finally arrest the worlds number 1 on the International Criminal Court's list of war criminals. On the night of the 20th of April people worldwide will take to the streets and post flyers, stickers etc. so this issue simply can't be ignored.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh hairy muff
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:In a nutshell:
There's a warlord from Uganda who leads a guerilla group called the 'Lord's Resistance Army' (LRA), who go around with no agenda of any kind other than to maintain his personal power.

They abduct children and use the boys as child soldiers and the girls as sex slaves, and have been doing so for a good 20 years now.

This is a campaign based on the idea that if we make Kony 'famous', and raise the awareness of this issue major organisations will be forced to finally arrest the worlds number 1 on the International Criminal Court's list of war criminals. On the night of the 20th of April people worldwide will take to the streets and post flyers, stickers etc. so this issue simply can't be ignored.

You know what, if they'd put that explanation on the site instead of a 30 minute video that i haven't got the time or inclination to watch, I would be a whole lot more likely to support the cause. Is that just me?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Im with you on that poodle, there are so many viral campaigns that when something like comes up, then i just think its gonna be some shitty lynx advert lol
Thanks given by:
ppffttt i have more important things on 20th april to be doing than sticking flyers out...everytime in the uk we protest sign petitions about fuel the price seems to just go up anyways..if this does make a difference then fair enuf but if it dont what a waste of money
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I watched this earlier, it was that interesting it made me late to a meeting with a photographer lol it's sick and I hope they catch the arsehole! X
pink
Thanks given by:
Been wondering what this was on fb earlier but really couldnt be f*cked to watch the YouTube video lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Justice should be brought to any number of disgusting people in this world. Just an example; i'm still seeing bankers pulling in massive bonuses - shall we try and calculate how many lives have been genuinely ruined by appalling lending policies and profiteering directors..?

/bandwagon

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, this is a worthy cause, i'm just of the view that this will be the centre of attention until it starts to take some time to fix or something more interesting comes along, I have little faith in society.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I was waiting for this to appear on here. Have seen it all over my Facebook and twitter.

Should really sit down and watch it
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Fair point Poodle, I agree it's a completely over-simplified view of the issue, but owt is better than nowt, and hopefully just the awareness can get the attention of people who can deal with this shit, along with all the other African warlords and dictators the world over.
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:Fair point Poodle, I agree it's a completely over-simplified view of the issue, but owt is better than nowt, and hopefully just the awareness can get the attention of people who can deal with this shit, along with all the other African warlords and dictators the world over.

Its definately got some serious attention after all of this!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
[Image: 430508_10150618940482572_506197571_92635...1729_n.jpg]

that is all...
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ben87 Wrote:[Image: 430508_10150618940482572_506197571_92635...1729_n.jpg]

that is all...

THIS, No one before today can honestly say they thought about what was happening in Uganda. They are just sharing it to fit in

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Wait....what's that guy with hdi estate done now? Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Yeah, we need to stop Kony!

The price of their dampers is f*cking shocking.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:

that is all...

THIS, No one before today can honestly say they thought about what was happening in Uganda. They are just sharing it to fit in

If someone just told me about it I probably wouldn't of cared but that video was well,made and I actually watched all of it without getting bored and turning it off within a couple of minutes, im not the person to share things or join a stupid flood of facebook status's about the only way is essex just because everyone else is, I saw a status earlier about kony and it was so cold hearted you could see she was asking for attention. The video was sad and not like a couple of second t.v add it was reali worth watching and I do care.. Im not following anyone, I generally think it's sick.. And breathhh lol x
pink
Thanks given by:

that is all...
I get what you're saying, but then isn't the whole point of videos such as this to raise awareness and make people talk about the issue so something gets done?

In which case, it's succeeded.
Thanks given by:
smanfa Wrote:If someone just told me about it I probably wouldn't of cared but that video was well,made and I actually watched all of it without getting bored and turning it off within a couple of minutes, im not the person to share things or join a stupid flood of facebook status's about the only way is essex just because everyone else is, I saw a status earlier about kony and it was so cold hearted you could see she was asking for attention. The video was sad and not like a couple of second t.v add it was reali worth watching and I do care.. Im not following anyone, I generally think it's sick.. And breathhh lol x

Think we found a target audience. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Also, its great that people are donating etc etc, bu who are they donating to? For all they no it could be going to someone like kony

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Also, its great that people are donating etc etc, bu who are they donating to? For all they no it could be going to someone like kony

this.

I would only donate to established known charities like the red cross ect. I'm sure most of the charities like this one is legitimate and all that but I only ever first heard of them yesterday and they could technically disappear tomorrow. The awareness is good, but I wont be giving any random folk my money.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Bet that kony is shitting a brick seeing a video of him
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I agree that the campaign has done what it intended to do. raise awareness.
But no-one is going to do anything about. Think of everything else, Syria for example. Plenty of people being killed, but no-one gets involved/does anything about it.
Just my two pence worth, but I don't think anything's going to be done about it, going on the track record of what happens when the government/troops plough in.

/discuss
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:I agree that the campaign has done what it intended to do. raise awareness.
But no-one is going to do anything about. Think of everything else, Syria for example. Plenty of people being killed, but no-one gets involved/does anything about it.
Just my two pence worth, but I don't think anything's going to be done about it, going on the track record of what happens when the government/troops plough in.

/discuss

this
can name so many other causes that people cant be bothered about.

Surly it makes sence to sort out the economical situation first then go after these other targets?

Enless im being closed minded about all this but there are so many other things to worry about at the moment.
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
:? :?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by: