Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Anyone got one thats coming to pugfest that knows it works?
Got a decent sensor in...before I buy a decent gauge I want to check it works as a cheap crapinese version didnt!
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
how does your sensor connect?
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
02-07-2014, 07:12 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014, 07:13 PM by Piggy.)
Thermocouple type
(Standard thing we all normally use  )
Posts: 2,083
Threads: 106
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
7
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: GTi-6
Got a stack one, thermocouple and all....
JP
JP
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
(02-07-2014, 07:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thermocouple type
(Standard thing we all normally use )
Well a stack differs from an autogauge for example in terms of how it physically connects on the gauge yeah?
(02-07-2014, 07:45 PM)jammapic Wrote: Got a stack one, thermocouple and all....
JP
^Buy this
Posts: 2,083
Threads: 106
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
7
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: GTi-6
Cheers tom. As you know, stack is not cheap shit...
JP
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
I know...but I aint got that sorta cash for that quality at this point...just need one I know works to try the sensor
Posts: 2,083
Threads: 106
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
7
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: GTi-6
Like I say, I've got a stack gauge and the stack thermocouple that came with it, all working perfectly and known good...
JP
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
I know JP...Im just not that flush at the moment, hence why I havnt PM'd you from your parts thread. As much as I would really like it
Posts: 2,140
Threads: 128
Joined: May 2014
Reputation:
21
Location: Cardiff
Car Model/Spec: Stage3 HDi RHF5@25psi 174bhp
03-07-2014, 08:35 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM by toseland.)
you can check a thermocouple works with a multimeter mate.. some multimeters have an EGT guage plug on, mine has an EGT setting for use with the standard probes in DC
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
What range on the multimeter?!
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Anyone got one to bring to pugfest?
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
A bump on this. Sensor good. Need a gauge, anyone got a cheapo one kicking about to sell?
Posts: 2,083
Threads: 106
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
7
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: GTi-6
Still got a stack one...
JP
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Still could only offer less than you want
Posts: 2,083
Threads: 106
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
7
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: GTi-6
£100, its cheap at that.
JP
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Sure is. But its still twice what I wana pay. Esp as I am likely to only use it on a temp' basis!
Posts: 4,608
Threads: 90
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
54
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: 1996 306 DT M-TDI/16
I have a hks one, but I can't remember if it was the gauge or thermocouple which broke..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |
![[Image: sigi-2.png]](http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/darrenjlobb/sigi-2.png)
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
I need a thermocouple too now as mine is destroyed it turns out!
So may well get a new cheapo
Posts: 2,083
Threads: 106
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
7
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: GTi-6
Piggy, I have everything here...
JP
Posts: 4,926
Threads: 266
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
18
Location: Somerset
Car Model/Spec: 205 DTurbo
I have a probe that looks a bit mangled but is a Stack branded one you can have for a £5'er if that helps. The adapter it's joint to cost me more than that alone.
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Silver...already got a welded in threaded adapter in the manifold...would it fit that?!
JP...£50?
Posts: 4,926
Threads: 266
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
18
Location: Somerset
Car Model/Spec: 205 DTurbo
(03-11-2014, 10:01 AM)Piggy Wrote: Silver...already got a welded in threaded adapter in the manifold...would it fit that?!
JP...£50?
Meh dunno, I might of glued it in there or something, I'll have a look if I don't forget.
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
(03-11-2014, 07:21 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I have a hks one, but I can't remember if it was the gauge or thermocouple which broke..
Can you check buddy??
Posts: 493
Threads: 41
Joined: Mar 2014
Reputation:
3
Location: Warrington
Car Model/Spec: 306xrdt ph1
ebay. 35quid. Sensor and gauge. mcmillen motorsport or something like that.
Works fine.
Just search EGT gauge.
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
Anything that will read a K-type thermocouple will do!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-DC-Tem...3a905f693a
^^ Insanely cheap
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Digitals-Tem...1c2c08d1f2
^^ Pretty cheap and has options for an alarm temperature etc.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
That second one basically does two temp readings?? So I could have an intake air temp and exhaust temp?!
I had one of those cheap LED things...didnt work at all!
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
Nah, I think it has a little PID controller in it too - idea being for controlling a hot water tank and heater or similar... But will do the trick for you at a guess.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
anyone got a k type thermo' I can buy to test this LED screen I already have??
|