Viewing this tomorrow - advice required

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viewing this tomorrow - advice required
Hi guys going to view this tomorrow, anything specific I need to look out for and do you think the price is a fair one??

http://bit.ly/1eV99VA
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yawwwwwn

My least favourite peugeot ever...with my least favourite peugeot engine ever

Safe if you crash I suppose.

I injectors can be pricey if they fail....but not sure how you would check those...guess if noisey walk away
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I like them. Prefer the 207 though...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-08-PEUGEO...338c8efd4a
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Piggy summed it up really. But check the injectors aren't chuffin as the seal are common to go and check service history that it has had regular oil changes as the turbo like to give up due to oil fail im pretty sure.

IMO better off looking for a tidy low mileage 306 hdi
Thanks given by:
The 207/307 are both, for me, so far from what Peugeot hatchbacks should be and used to be about.

Theres no fun, no lightness, no buzziness, no steering feel...just a bit 'meh'
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I hear what you are saying guys but I need to buy a newer low milage car, 4 dr, safe for the family, low insurance, good on fuel (60mpg) and road tax - this only 105 annually Smile

I know it's not a drivers car but I have a family so has to be safe and cheap to run and I can always get a fun car (306) if finances look up Smile

What do you mean frosty, how do I know they are chuffing?

I will check the history for services and other replacement parts though Smile it's slightly over average milage for the year so I was thinking 2k is a good price?

This 1.6 hdi is in my mums c2 vts and it flies, I know this car is heavier so it won't set the world alight - maybe a remap may help Smile

(20-04-2014, 06:32 PM)Tom Wrote: I like them. Prefer the 207 though...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-08-PEUGEO...338c8efd4a

I don't have 5k and I need 4 doors Sad

Thanks given by:
dual mass flywheels seem to be a constant source of problems with the people i know driving 1.6 hdi's, however this is when you start mapping them that problems seem to arise so if you dont f*ck about with it you should be alright aha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The injector seals leak and they make a chuffing noise. It happens to the 1.4 and the 1.6 hdis mostly
Thanks given by:
As said above, check for oily carbon deposits around the injectors. Check the service history for oil changes and the correct spec has been used. These engines are really hard on the oil, they dump crap into the oil, run hot, and there is only 3.75l of it. If neglected (or the injectors are leaking) they gum up and bye bye turbo. Pretty much impossible to ever clean out and fix. Max 8-10k oil changes are considered by some best on these engines. I'm doing mine every 6k as it's a keeper.

If it's had a turbo relatively recently, I'd walk personally.
Thanks given by:
Sack that off and come get my dt. You know it makes sense. Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Duno why people rave about a newer car saving £100 a year on road tax...when you have to spend a couple of grand to get the privlege!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
These aren't too horrific I suppose, it's not like you're spending a fortune. I believe it's the same engine as the 1.6 HDi 206 I was looking at, where a lot of the forum talk was always about the bloody DPF and potential mileage related issues with the DMF. I don't know how you'd check either of those on a car though tbh.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
With the DMF check the car doesnt make any abnormal/strange noises when you start up and shut off, so the the second the engine starts turning and the second it stops turning. Thats when DMF's make broken noises in my experience anyway, seen a couple stupid vags with broken ones.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
just no, no no no no no lol...

buy a 5 door low milage hdi with cheaper tax, makes more sense

you could get a y reg 5 door with 94k on for under £800, why buy this dreadful pug instead?

least with 306 parts are cheap and easy come by and you know the faults

my opinion anyway..
Thanks given by:
I bought a 2009 207 at the beginning of March, Thats a 1.4 HDi High miles @ 120K.
The things I checked were Turbo-Injectors & Electrics all Common on the 207 but there pretty much the same as the 307..
I agree with Piggy though (207/307) steering is erm yeah crap!
Not the fastest thing in the world but 60MPG doing the school run & pottering around aint bad.
£30 a year Road tax is the added bonus too.
Upon viewing make sure there isnt masses of black smoke oil or crap coming out of the exhaust while revving it hard.
Chris.
Thanks given by:
The DV6 seems to have developed a reputation for turbo failure, and to make matters worse, replacement turbos seem to fail within a very short space of time:

http://www.theturboguy.com/uploads/1/0/3...es-3-2.pdf

Possibly if you had the opportunity to own one from new and ensure it had frequent oil changes, but at 91k I'd be rather dubious personally.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Something to check on 307s as I found but it was a earlier model.
Indicater stalk not auto correcting or dropping down.
Injector seals is so common it's when will they go not if.
Not sure if the 1.6 has a dpf filter if it has ask if fluid has been topped up because I think it's a costly job.
Cheap battery terminals which slide off
Brake calipers sticking.
Horns are temperamental.

That's all I can remember about mine.
Thanks given by:
These are alright cars but seems a lot of money IMO, have you looked at anything non peugeot? Maybe something vag? Could get a half decent mk4 golf, or even a decent Leon?
Thanks given by:
Well so we are saying that pug derv engines are shite nowadays? Well I may go back to looking at earlier 2.0 hdi's then as that's the same engine that's in the 306?

JJ0063 I can't have a golf as expensive to buy/repair/run and insure. I can't many other pd powered cars that are sensible money and without moon miles - I can't search too far from Bristol as I don't have a car Sad

I may have a look at mondeo 2:0's as Connor says they are ok, if looked after and aux belt and tensioner changed as they are expensive

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...obcid=soc3

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...obcid=soc3

Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say the Peugeot engine is bad, its just that pug set the service intervalls too long and the turbo gets shitted up with bad oil.

I really like the Mondeo, I don't think they have ever made a bad one although the mk1/2 diesels are terrible on fuel. As soon as they changed to Peugeot diesels hey were awesome.

Oh and just a little bit of a left field choice how about a Skoda Octavia 4x4 Extate, they are coming up less than 10 years old for less than £3000. Early ones are only 110bhp but map well. A 2010 or later one could seriously be my next daily in a years time. April 2015 I might change cars when I re mortgage.
Thanks given by:
Mondeo 2.0 tdci would be my suggestion, as said check aux belt and they do have a twin mass fly, so have a good listen.
They map well and the boot is stupidly huuuuge
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mondeos are ok but they go through injectors, they aren't great on fuel (42mpg avg realistic) and are so common.

I have never been able to work out how vectras/Alfa/fiat 1.9 cdti engines manage over 50mpg for a virtually identical car.

Considered a 1.9 jtd Alfa? Vectra? 150bhp & over 50mpg.

My old vec went to auction last week & sold for £600!
Thanks given by:
fiesta tdci? £30 road tax and it's the pug engine irrc, maybe a little more interesting that the pug
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, I can't find any decent derv cars in Bristol without moon miles or FSH.

I have a budget of 2.5k MAX!

I need a car for a family so 4/5 dr
Lowish road tax
FSH
Cheap to run
Reliable
Has some toys
Looks nice
Leather would be a bonus
Under 100k

Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...ID=EBAY-GB

Leon tdi^^^
Already had new turbo and clutch and a remap and lower tax per year.

But different to a golf...bit cheaper too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mondeo TDCI Ghia X/Titanium X...probably get 2 for your budget lol. Loaded with toys as well!
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 01:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...ID=EBAY-GB

Leon tdi^^^
Already had new turbo and clutch and a remap and lower tax per year.

But different to a golf...bit cheaper too

It's not exactly local lol which means it's hard to get to see it Sad

(21-04-2014, 03:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Mondeo TDCI Ghia X/Titanium X...probably get 2 for your budget lol. Loaded with toys as well!

I've seen a few ghia x's but they come with moon miles or no FSH which makes me walk away Sad

There is an abundance of 307's around Bristol though lol

Thanks given by:
Theres a reason lots of 307s are for sale lol....

Wouldn't worry about mileage on Mondeos, just make sure they had DMF and injectors done...
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 03:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Mondeo TDCI Ghia X/Titanium X...probably get 2 for your budget lol. Loaded with toys as well!

Ive suggested this a few times...seems to fall on deaf ears

And the Leon was a suggestion...no offence but I aint spending time adding location criteria etc, Im just showing you what you COULD get Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tbh a school friend bought a 307 1.6 HDi and hasn't had a single problem with it. When he first got it he was like "you'll like what I've bought; it's a Peugeot!" And it was a massive disappointment haha. I had my Focus 1.8 at the time and it was about as nippy as that but the Ford revved better.

Actually that's not a bad shout, Focus's are common as muck and actually not that bad of a car. The 1.8 TDCi is reliable if a little noisy (it's a very old design) and can be easily mapped to 155 if that's your cuppa. I just didn't get on with the interior (and sold it to pay off some debts).
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Viewing new car tomorrow.. revealed ginge191 25 5,001 05-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Last Post: ginge191
Thumbs Up That's it now FCS tomorrow Xsikid 2 1,222 03-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Tomorrow! Dum-Dum 6 1,451 02-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: toseland