GI - China Y reg HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI - China Y reg HDi Estate
Right, this is now running ok. So not sure whether to sell or break. Just wondering if anyone would be in interested in it, and what its worth?

Good points -

Y reg cheap tax (currently SORN)
MOT until Dec 13th
China Itwasntme
Engine seems good, and very clean around top end
No engine faults found on PP now
Previous, previous owner since 2005, then another guy for about 2 weeks before me lol.
Remote central locking works, as does everything door loom related!
Rear electric windows

Bad points (get ready... lol )
Absolutely no history bar latest MOT sheet
Needs coolant end housing due to snapped temp sensor support - sensor is held in with gasket sealant but wont take much to blow out
No milage display but been told its about 170k
Door and wing damage to nearside and broken hockey stick
Drivers seat ripped, leather wheel very worn, interior rank, switches covered in 10 years of skin Speechless
Rear tyres are proxes so obviously have no tread left, fronts are premium 'LingLong' Confused
Bodywork isnt great all round
Smells of wet dog - air fresheners and febreeze were left by previous owner though lol, be alright with a wetvac!
Only has half an undertray and lots of cable ties
Tape deck has no code
Blowers don't work
Missing trim pieces, roof rails and load cover

[Image: IMAG3415_zps37457370.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3416_zps33325b3d.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3417_zpsab1d8938.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3418_zpse4d608f6.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3419_zps445b877b.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3422_zpsee835e1f.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3421_zpsd312d63d.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3426_zps6328c3d1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3423_zps3e584bfa.jpg]

If you'd be interested in it with a few of the faults sorted, I can do that, price dependant obviously, otherwise I'll break it.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
break it, you know you want too Tongue
Thanks given by:
Lol, looks like one of them will get broken. But don't have space or time to do both! Sad

Bonnets are crap on both anyway lol.
Thanks given by:
This was the one on the bay that went for like £140?

Was eyeing it up myself but distance was too far!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2014, 09:25 PM)JamesG Wrote: This was the one on the bay that went for like £140?

I don't wish to disclose the price. I know what I paid, want to know what it's worth. Wink lol

But it was on the bay yes, and it was pretty local to me. lol Had thought about fixing it and using it as the 3dr is pretty small and impractical after the Vectra/previous estate but cant justify 2 lots of insurance/tax/MOT etc. Sad
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2014, 09:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 09:25 PM)JamesG Wrote: This was the one on the bay that went for like £140?

I don't wish to disclose the price. I know what I paid, want to know what it's worth. Wink lol

But it was on the bay yes, and it was pretty local to me. lol Had thought about fixing it and using it as the 3dr is pretty small and impractical after the Vectra/previous estate but cant justify 2 lots of insurance/tax/MOT etc. Sad

Sorry tom that's my bad bud either way nice little earner you've got there Wink

Shame really I'm currently running my stage 1 hdi which my missus uses (under the thumb I know) and a stock estate as a work horse best of both worlds Wink little and barge
Thanks given by:
What condition is the boot lid and rear bumper in?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
a china bonnet is better than a silver one Tongue
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2014, 09:34 PM)JamesG Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 09:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Sorry tom that's my bad bud either way nice little earner you've got there Wink

Shame really I'm currently running my stage 1 hdi which my missus uses (under the thumb I know) and a stock estate as a work horse best of both worlds Wink little and barge

Not so sure tbh, jumped in a bit quick because it was local lol. Don't think there are many saleable parts as nothings 'mint' to replace other damamged parts hence wondering if its worth more whole to someone that doesn't mind the aesthetics. I don't mind putting in some effort to get it up to standard, but the 1.8 will suffer if I do lol.

Yeah it would've been good, though that said, the estate isn't really big enough for what I was planning a bit further in the future anyway (towbar + car trailer)....wouldn't be able to tow a 306 with a 306 anyway. Was a good idea, but as usual too many barriers in the way lol.

(04-04-2014, 09:35 PM)Ricky Wrote: What condition is the boot lid and rear bumper in?

Bodywork is all crap lol, did say this in the bad points. lol Looks like someone thought it was a bumper car...

(04-04-2014, 09:37 PM)mspdan Wrote: a china bonnet is better than a silver one Tongue

Hmm, that's true... Theres a big rusty dent above the headlight though, and lots of scratches on it. Confused
Thanks given by:
Anyone want to buy this? Will need trailering away as I've f*cked the coolant housing completely now. Ideal to swap to an XUD if you have one laying around though.

Good news though, I found the radio code so that works now.... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Shame your not closer :/
Thanks given by:
Yeah, its not like I hear that everytime I sell something! lol

Gonna break it anyway I think now.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 02:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah, its not like I hear that everytime I sell something! lol

Gonna break it anyway I think now.

Well if I had my own trailer if have it bud!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know that feeling! Such a pain not having any car transport! Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 (Y) HDi Meridian Estate, China Blue Dodgy Bob 1 1,875 10-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  WIW:China estate UPDATED 14/7 Ricky 20 2,934 15-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Ricky