Quick Release Clip or Hook...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Release Clip or Hook...?
Evening...

Right, I'm looking for a solution to this, and haven't found one yet!

Basically, want to keep my tool box secure somewhere in the car...best place I've found is pictured below but it keeps falling over (obviously), then slides around the boot knocking into the wheel arches which is annoying and gonna damage the case.

So I want some of quick release clip for holding the handle to the boot plastic. Similar to a carabiner style thing... Anyone know of anything, as I looked in Homebase the other day and couldn't find anything suitable....also looking on ebay brings up billions of results lol. Cheap as possible, but also easy to remove and replace.

[Image: IMAG3365_zps7e19b91e.jpg]

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Couldn't you just bolt a Velcro strap through that part bud?

How heavy is the toolbox too as that bit isn't the strongest of places!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yep bit of velcro strap, screw it to the plastic trim with self tappers then just wrap it around the handle. Or, bit messy but you could get a bit of threaded bar through the plastic which goes over the top of the handle and on the end, put a 2" length of metal sandwiched between two nuts so you can just turn it. Turn it down to hold the case in place.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I have a spare boot plastic if that one breaks, its all scuffed anyway so ideal to test it on lol. I don't think it's overly heavy, but my Mum couldn't lift it when it arrived in the post... lol The weight will be on the boot floor anyway, the hook will just be to stop the top flopping over the first time I turn right so wont need to take much weight.

Hadnt though of Velcro tbh, but would prefer something solid if possible.

Edit - Niall your second solution sounds good! Wonder if theres a tidier way of doing that...hmm, will think about that.

Edit again - Sod it, I'll get a Velcro strap! Big Grin Cheers guys.
Thanks given by:
I'd do the velcro thing and also run a couple of bits of ally strip from the back of the boot to the back of the seat or maybe some sort of bungee to properly hold it in and stop it trying to pull away from the mount in the corners.
Thanks given by:
Anything solid is going to have to be such a precise fit that it would rattle like a bastard I reckon. You could even use a short tie-down strap couldn't you? It would look pretty near if you could carve a slot through the plastic and thread a tie-down strap through it actually.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I just thought about that, and I cant stand rattles lol. So will go with a Velcro strip afterall. Smile
Thanks given by:
Cargo net? Pretty sure screwfix sell them.
Thanks given by:
Lie it down and just bolt an L plate to the floor to stop it sliding?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cut 2 small holes into the plastic and use a strap?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What wrong with a bungee cord?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Tom just drill two holes and put a bunjee cord in there. Itd cost you next to nothing and work really well.
Thanks given by:
Tried bungee cords and cant get them tight enough. would have to be a tiny one. Will go with a Velcro strip as above lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommend Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub Adapter Eeyore 16 5,295 06-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  306OC Hook Ups Eeyore 91 27,503 17-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: samass
  Hockey trim clip fix Eeyore 10 2,885 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Last Post: rocker8742