Pressure Washers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure Washers
What does everyone think of Nilfisk ones?
The majority of the people on other forums say they are better than Karcher, what does everyone think?

At £35 is this for real? http://www.screwfix.com/p/nilfisk-alto-c...240v/56399#
Thanks given by:
Nilfisk apparently use metal impellers, but believe what you will I've had karchers for 15 years and had no bother between mine and dads.

Better is a very much subjective word on the Internet.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2014, 06:01 PM)C2K Wrote: Nilfisk apparently use metal impellers, but believe what you will I've had karchers for 15 years and had no bother between mine and dads.

Better is a very much subjective word on the Internet.

Thanks for the reply,
What karcher pressure washer do you have?
Thanks given by:
I'm also interested to know peoples thoughts on these as I'm considering buying one too Smile
Thanks given by:
I've got a wolf one at the minute which seems pretty good and well built taken a bit of abuse in the short time I've had it, built in soap bottle 5m (i think) hose And has the capability to do sandblasting aswell
Thanks given by:
ive got one ive pulled out a skip
works a treat after a reflex

weve got a niallfish thingy in work its damn powerfull but i do think its a pro one Wink
Thanks given by:
Here you go guys Wink

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/BuyingGuid..._00018.htm
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom, repped Smile
Thanks given by:
iv got a karcher K5.700 its good bit of kit but im running into problems with mine as a pressure valve keeps sticking. Need to get some waterproof grease for it. I use mine pretty much ever day its water cooled so wont suffer from getting hot looking a little battered now though only 2 years old! i find its really greedy with water from my tank it cant feed itself quick enough. used a little nilfisk c110 and it was great for what it is. looks a little fragile though
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I got a Nlfisk centennial in the sales for £70 odd & it's epic!
Thanks given by:
£35 is a ruddy bargain!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a Karcher because I'm a bit of a sheep and it works great. Mind, I've had it for like 6 years and never had a problem with it, so maybe that speaks for itself...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2014, 04:22 PM)MY95 Wrote: What does everyone think of Nilfisk ones?
The majority of the people on other forums say they are better than Karcher, what does everyone think?

At £35 is this for real? http://www.screwfix.com/p/nilfisk-alto-c...240v/56399#

Ive got that exact one and its fantastic (i paid more than that though. its normally about £70). Nice and compact and has never given up. Very robust as well.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Is the patio cleaner on it any good? Smile
Thanks given by:
Very very good actually. The only issue with it is the plastic arms in it are rather weak and can break easily if there is stones on the patio so providing you sweep the patio first before you clean it, it will be fine.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sold out now down here!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've got a Karcher K2.14 and in my opinion it is a little basic and the build quality is rubbish to be honest. It makes one hell of a noise and only has an on/off function, no way to control the pressure. I would have got a Nilfisk one if it was up to me!
Thanks given by:
I've gone RIGHT off Karcher recently... I've seen a load of recent ones (read last 5 years..) that have broken very quickly, they used to be very good and everyone recommended them, but we've had an Alto and a Nilfisk (Nilfisk is Alto now...) the Alto we had for probably 12 years, at least, I remember my dad buying it when I was very young, that only died because it got done in by frost because it was left with water in... He got a Nilfisk E140 probably 3 or 4 years ago and it's still going fine now, all we've had to do in that time with both is replace the o-rings where the HP hose clips into the machine - other than that, never been a problem.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Useless post but we run a Petrol one with a Honda GX390 (13hp) powering a pump....pressure is something stupid like 250bar. Only have it on tickover to wash anything delicate. Takes some holding onto when its on full chat.

Previous though we had a Nilfisk. Only died because of the frost.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pressure washers nilfisk or karcher 306rhys 13 1,748 29-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Chris306
  Headlight washers!! Just Sean 10 2,661 24-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Last Post: karl1989