Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
(03-03-2014, 04:45 PM)Tom Wrote: Darren: Tom you got another water pump yours is f*cked...

10minutes later...

Darren: Tom you got another flywheel, yours is f*cked, im suprised this engine has lasted has long as it did.

LOL The whole thing is genuinely shit lmao

In other news Darren has sourced a water pump from another motor, and im heading over there tomorrow hopefully with another flywheel and a fancy new turbo oil feed!'

Still no telling us what turbo your putting on then Wink I'm guessing gt20?

Thanks given by:
Nope, being a sheep no longer! Had my td04 for a long time and it served me well but its time to move onto bigger and better things!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
hmmmmmmm!!!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is it vnt controled? lol

Don't blame u tho that's why I got a bigger turbo to get out from the crowd no doubt some one will be copying me soon tho.

Thanks given by:
Its not a bigger turbo. Its much smaller. A touch of modern blow. Like ive said before once you go, you never go back :p
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I thought it was bigger or about the same size, just better in every way.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
GTB???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
it looks smaller.. but BOOOST
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
GTB17**vlkr?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not wasting away with a 17!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20140304_153517_zps5cvp5blj.jpg]

Skimmed fly and oil line over with mr lobb!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 05:58 PM)Tom Wrote: Not wasting away with a 17!

You know what power and efficiency the lastest GTB17 turbos are doing don't you?!
They are fitted to some big ass engines, v6s/v8s!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I like dumdums logic bigger =better Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tom, like I said, get looking for Roll cages....and big brakes Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Really dont want a roll cage :/ Want to keep it sort of sensible lol. Brakes will be fine once the rear shoes are replaced and properly adjusted! Torsion bars and ARB is next on the list i think after the motors in and running :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What shoes do you need tom iv got some brand new ones in the garage, never fitted as i upgraded to a gti disc beam
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
I have a 309 rear beam, not sure if the shoes are the same or no :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Not sure tbh, i can take some pics for you if it helps

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Might as well mate then when i get the car back i'll have a look.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You'll almost certainly find that they're different between a 306 and 309 I'm afraid.

There's multiple variants of drums on 309's alone and at least some of them are different to 205's - you really need to check what you've got on there as there's both Bendix and Girling setups for 309's and from memory (as it was a few years back I did anything with drums other than 205 1.6 GTi's) there was atleast two variants of Girling.

There's several different 306 drum types too to further complicate matters.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Mine are for my 205 Tongue lol

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Looking on service box there is one or 2 types of shoe shard between the 205 and 309... Will have to see when i get them off :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20140306_171338_zpszeht7wmt.jpg]

Another adapter for oil line, first one was wrong. Good job they're cheap Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff :-) I wouldn't trust that dowty seal with turbo heat though, a copper washer would be better.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 05:36 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Good stuff :-) I wouldn't trust that dowty seal with turbo heat though, a copper washer would be better.

Hydraulics place dont sell copper washers, fail. Need to see if Darren has some copper ones.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That washer has sealed mine ok, got the same style washer in coolant temp sensor on 106 and it's been fine even tho it's been to 120c a few times ha ha

Thanks given by:
Well bit of an update, not an interesting one...

Gauges came today, nothing fancy, but as we all well know saturday is a car day so i had to do something. So i cleaned up the plate and the sensors, put some proper crimp ring connector things on the sensors (they were good ole wrap wire round the terminal before) and cleaned up the gauge faces with some polish and some glass cleaner, tested the temperature one with a candle lighter but the pressure one im not sure yet. Thinking of spending 40/50quid on a big stepper motor one with a warning and all that jazz simply because it is a really important gauge. Temperature is just because im curious. But yeah even pulled out the camera and the tripod for some pictures because im that boring and dull! Enjoy :p

[Image: IMGP2695_zps443d1b45.jpg]

[Image: IMGP2698_zps0afbe2d4.jpg]

Also just noticed the camera didnt like focusing on the gauges (my bad, should of been in manual not lazy focus) And they also look f*cked, they're not, if you look closely at the face you'll see a stupid looking twat with one eye shut looking into a camera.... Yeah you get it Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Getting close now mate?? Bet u cant wait for this back
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 05:28 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Getting close now mate?? Bet u cant wait for this back

Not sure exactly, i think Mr Lobb is all but ready to drop the engine in now. I know its all built up and ready to go. Then hes re routing the cooling system because that was all wrong then fitting new blower, doing the exhaust for it, get it running set it all up make sure its running well, (and breathe) and then i will go and get it Big Grin

But yeah in answer to your original question, i cannot f*cking wait.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cool, it feels good to be back in xud for me for sure
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,337 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 57,690 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191