Complete newbie here :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete newbie here :)
hey guys just joined up first time pug Smile

name daryl Smile from a place called pontefract just got me self a pug
306 xldt 1.9 she's a beauty and actually my first car so when i say complete newbie
i actually mean it cars got a few bits n bobs need doing to it hopefully i can get that sorted i see theres plenty of guides on here Smile

well here few pics cos i know people will ask for them Wink

[Image: 4hdx.jpg]

[Image: s8sy.jpg]

[Image: zz61.jpg]

[Image: 0rhe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, looks like a pretty clean example, what sort of things need doing to it? And where abouts are you, you might be lucky enough to find you have members local to you that are willing to offer their services for a few beers. Got any mods planned? Nice to see you've got the right engine from the off! Wink Being a phase 1, I'd almost expect it to be running a bosch fuel pump already as well....which would mean I'm not jealous at all! lol

EDIT: Really ought to read the post properly before posting myself, I see you're from Pontefract. Skim reading ftl. Nospeak
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome

Looks clean Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
needs a few things heaters don't exactly work lol dash lights need replacing and the door locks need changing but wouldnt mind changing the lot tbh and shes a smoker when first started Smile

aye skim reading lol always miss a few things Wink
Thanks given by:
Lol, yeah, my dt smokes well when cold as well, that's kinda standard issue. Wait till you wind the fuel/turbo up a bit and get a less restrictive exhaust on, then she'll REALLY chuff. Wink

As for the rest of your issues, they all sound fairly trivial, apart from the heaters. Changing the heater matrix is a pig of a job from what I've seen. Thankfully I haven't had to do mine yet, but I'm sure my day will come!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol I seen a guide on the heater matrix didn't look to bad just lengthy time wise so I'll probs order that part and do it when I get a couple days off work, other than that she needs a good scrub as for mods nothing planned yet just get it scrubbed up
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome, I hope that guys can help you out..
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome chap Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: