admin/staff changes...whos who and whats changing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
admin/staff changes...whos who and whats changing
Tbh hadn't even noticed, the staff whomever they are seem to be doing a consistently good job since I can't think of any forum issues of recent

Since the post after mine talks about a buglol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 04:20 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(23-01-2014, 04:18 PM)firemoth Wrote: Hi sorry to hijack an unrelated thread, but where to I click to start a new one? Trying to post in xud section. I'm not that good with computers so forgive me Smile

Thanks

hey pal...welcome along...at top right there is a "new thread" button...

although mine has become a empty box in last couple days for some reason...

get in the newbie section and intro ya self Smile

I'm trying to do that too! Tongue I suspect I'll have an empty box too then as top corners I'd my first place to check Tongue thanks.
Thanks given by:
All the members on staff on here have been here for years.

(23-01-2014, 04:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: although mine has become a empty box in last couple days for some reason...

This is known and is being fixed.
Thanks given by:
I'll click randomly in that area and hope for the best Tongue
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 04:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: All the members on staff on here have been here for years.

(23-01-2014, 04:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: although mine has become a empty box in last couple days for some reason...

This is known and is being fixed.

lol I thought it was my crappy PC!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nope, it's a known bug (as of this morning) and will be fixed this evening.

With regards to staff changes, there have been a few changes to account for some staff stepping down (for various reasons, not necessary to go into them), and as said for forum expansion. I can provide stats on most aspects of the forum but people haven't seemed that interested before so I've never posted them Smile

The last few months are the first staff changes in nearly two years of the forum, so I'm not sure why you think it's constantly changing... In any case, we don't need to create a new thread for every change that's made Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd love to know the stats for expansion over last year Smile

thanks for explaining a few things Smile dont need a new thread for every change, but seems quite a big change to have a few staff leave and few come up....and I meant changing a lot recently...not all the time, obviously didnt put that right Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No problem. Well off the top of my head the member base has approximately doubled in size since this time last year... Post wise will take a little more work but I'll see what I can do.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 04:49 PM)Scott Wrote: No problem. Well off the top of my head the member base has approximately doubled in size since this time last year... Post wise will take a little more work but I'll see what I can do.

nice one Smile

I love number crunching
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 04:49 PM)Scott Wrote: No problem. Well off the top of my head the member base has approximately doubled in size since this time last year... Post wise will take a little more work but I'll see what I can do.

F'ck me, that's a big jump.
Must be because someone is actually adding purple to Astor Wink
Thanks given by:
Just to stand up for piggy a bit, i had wondered the same thing, not enough to start a thread though.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
as has been said, most of the new mods including myself have been around a good while, i've known these guys for 5 years now, i will try to help out best i can and not just ban people i don't like and ra*e for sale threads Wink x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Tbh i don't see why this was needed. Staff will change. Peoples interests change and with that, their activity levels on the forum will change so eventually, they will be replaced with more active people and so far, the new guys seem to be doing a good job (If a bit over eager at times!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I love it here. Mods and Admins are doing a great job. #brownnose
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I too will stand up for piggy.I wondered what was going on because it did seem to unsettle things for a while ,especially if you know the mods and knew things were going on.most newbies wouldn't notice anything tbh.

Why do people always take piggy the wrong way.it was a question .no wonder why he didn't want to say what a few people were thinking.there's just so much negativity here sometimes at the moment and it's a shame Sad
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Pipe down you bunch of bitches!! Lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Come on people!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 03:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'm pretty sure there is new mods to replace the ones that have given up their position. So we have Cully, Liam, Mattcheese, Rowell to replace Me, Niall, Ed and Kim. Doesn't seem unfair?

Seems unfair that you missed my name off this list Chris. Angry lol

And to quote procta, who gives a monkeys who's admin, as long as the job is done right. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It would have been nice to have been introduced to the new staff. Just for reference as who to pm incase of mod assistance etc. It doesnt matter who it is or why. Just a little notice.
Thanks given by:
But then if thats what you're after Sean, you can click on Member list at the top of the page, then at the bottom of that page is a link to "Show forum team". Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right guys, thread has been cleaned up and reinstated. Chris and Niall, this isn't the place for you to argue, it's Piggy's thread asking about changes to the forum. Please keep it civil or this'll be binned permanently.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 07:57 PM)Just Sean Wrote: It would have been nice to have been introduced to the new staff. Just for reference as who to pm incase of mod assistance etc. It doesnt matter who it is or why. Just a little notice.

Thats not a bad shout. I know there is a forum team page but most don't know its there. I know there was talk when i was a mod as to a forum team profile page type thing which would be more obvious for the newer guys.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 05:23 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Just to stand up for piggy a bit, i had wondered the same thing, not enough to start a thread though.

Yes I have also wondered the changes and glad piggy has asked.

(23-01-2014, 06:44 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: I too will stand up for piggy.I wondered what was going on because it did seem to unsettle things for a while ,especially if you know the mods and knew things were going on.most newbies wouldn't notice anything tbh.

Why do people always take piggy the wrong way.it was a question .no wonder why he didn't want to say what a few people were thinking.there's just so much negativity here sometimes at the moment and it's a shame Sad

it was a genuine question which as he said a few people have been wondering...

(23-01-2014, 07:57 PM)Just Sean Wrote: It would have been nice to have been introduced to the new staff. Just for reference as who to pm incase of mod assistance etc. It doesnt matter who it is or why. Just a little notice.

Yeah a post to introduce new members of staff would of been good. Keep us up to date with what's going on seeing as we are the people keeping this forum going, by using it every day.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Liam, anything been mentioned about what i inquired about?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 10:30 PM)padge Wrote: Liam, anything been mentioned about what i inquired about?

I'll drop you a PM matey.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 07:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: But then if thats what you're after Sean, you can click on Member list at the top of the page, then at the bottom of that page is a link to "Show forum team". Wink

Thats what has caused me confusion though...

Coz over last couple months everytime I do that, its different.

We need to be able to trust who the mods are, and that they may stick around too.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:02 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(23-01-2014, 07:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: But then if thats what you're after Sean, you can click on Member list at the top of the page, then at the bottom of that page is a link to "Show forum team". Wink

We need to be able to trust who the mods are, and that they may stick around too.

Its not changed a huge amount though. Me, Chris and Kim left and have been replaced.
Also, you don't need to worry about trusting people. I know all the new mods personally and i know most of the mod team do and i can honestly say id trust most of them with a lot more than forum business (except Matt...)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:02 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Changes have to happen from time to time mate, it's just how it is. You have to trust the people running the forum to make sure the right people are in place. The current moderator team are people who have been fixtures on here for a long time and contributed a lot.
Thanks given by:
I know...but not all members on here know all that jazz.

Can I put forward a suggestion? That as part of the bug fix area there is a staff section where we can have threads like this, threads for new staff to say hi, what area they are in etc...?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You just did put it forward mate Wink

I don't think there's any need for a new forum, that kind of thing fits fine in here in my opinion.

Also, as for not all members knowing that, I feel that once they've been a part of the community for a while that should show.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whos good with job contracts bashbarnard 4 1,311 13-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Reading the new staff changes thread got me thinking..... cpikey316_ 4 1,729 25-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Rainbow Staff Changes - November 2016 Dum-Dum 20 5,292 16-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye