Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are these? updated! (Motor picture uploaded)
#1
Hi all I maybe playing dumb but I cant work out what these two things are? Engines a 1.8 out of the Xs.


   


   
#2
Shit photos?


:p


But seriously, better photos would help Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#3
My camera is shit, only 4 months old and the thing want take pictures close up without the sun lighting the place up tut.
#4
Look like some sort of vacuum solenoid things
#5
The first picture is down by the passenger head light, if you take the black cap off there brown staining like you would get with dirty water in the coolant. The pipe heads off under the arch from what I can see.
#6
Don't remember either of those on my 1.8! Confused

As said, pictures aren't the best though!


Second is the usual fitting for an oil breather, but theyre usually yellow not blue. Possibly something to do with emmisions if its a later one, for a charcoal canister or something?
#7
It's a X reg 2000 the charcoal canister is the opposite side, I will get some better picture up in the morning. Camera will work good then Big Grin I just don't see why that black tube is needed. .
#8
Your either not letting it auto focus or you cant stay still for shit!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#9
Better picture. I had the front bumper off and found what I believe to be a motor bolted on the passenger side just above the horn. The first picture I posted up showed the cap which runs into the unit, then you have another pipe running from the motor to this on the side of the head.

[attachment=12382]

I think my brother has a picture of the unit on his phone which I will upload later. Ive looked at loads of 1.8 pictures but none have it.
#10
Ahhh, now I see it, that's clearly had the optional extra flux capacitor fitted. Very rare on the UK models!















Seriously though, even with better pics I've never seen that! Confused
#11
eww look at the mayo in the breather tubes
#12
Any point to it? What is its purpose? :S

Yeah random mayo lovely stuff Big Grin
#13
even those pictures dont show much
where does it connect to the block were does it go?
#14
i dont remember that on my 1.8!
#15
[attachment=12394]


[attachment=12395]

The cap I was on about this then runs behind the front bumper into this weird looking motor.

[attachment=12396]

Then into this.

[attachment=12397]
#16
thats interesting that looks like a electric water pump connected to the water jacket is there any auxillery heating for the water jacket is it still connected or is it conected to the cabin heater matrix?
#17
that is indeed a elcetric water pump...trying to think where else I have seen that...

so what is in the hole where the orginal cambelt run pump is Undecided
Wishes for more power...
#18
I cant work it out even tho there is water staining under the cap there is no return piping, the motor it's self it plugged in put the wiring loom disappears into the main wiring harness. So pretty impossible to trace it.
#19
pm me your vin number i want to check something ;P
#20
Call me dumb but where am I looking?
#21
V5c or left hand /o/s iner wing edge stamped into the metal
#22
VF37CLFYF33165488
#23
Will have to check now when in home as at work now
#24
[attachment=12406]

here's a diagram a Facebooker sent over to me! If it helps.
#25
Is it a heater?!
Wishes for more power...
#26
People recon it is a heater for the cold starts, better for emissions or something, The cap on the pipe would be there way of stopping dirt etc getting into the unit.

If it works I don't no =\ properly not Big Grin No way of testing it
#27
Thats a "GAS RECYCLING CIRCUIT" according to Servicebox


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)