Recommend me a car cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a car cover
So as above looking for a car cover for the 205, needs to be water proof, Want to try and keep it under £20, and something that is easy to take off and on as i will be working on it all the time.

What can you guys recommend me?

Thanks in advance Big Grin

p.s if any one has one for sale cheap pm me Wink

Thanks given by:
tarp sheet from BnQ, think its 3mx4m for £4/5

other than that,...garage!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tarp sheet will scratch the paint, but if you're not bothered then just go for that.

They've got eyelets as well for tying them down.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Rather have a propa car cover, than a sheet Undecided

Theres no option of a garage not on the front of my house any way.

Prefer something with elasticated corners or something like that easy to take on and off, not faffing around with rope all time.

Thanks given by:
Massive paper hat
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 01:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Rather have a propa car cover, than a sheet Undecided

Prefer something with elasticated corners or something like that easy to take on and off, not faffing around with rope all time.

Look in Argos?
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 01:22 PM)Martin306 Wrote:
(16-12-2013, 01:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Rather have a propa car cover, than a sheet Undecided

Look in Argos?

Yer they got crap reviews.

Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Size-S-F...35cdbd890b

?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't cover it, as car covers do more damage. I had my rover under cover the year I bought it, and the wind just made the cover rub onto the bodywork.
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 01:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Size-S-F...35cdbd890b

?!

I'm actually already watching that but just wanted to see if any one has any recommendations???!!!!!!!!!!!! ????!!!!!!!!!!!

(16-12-2013, 01:50 PM)procta Wrote: I wouldn't cover it, as car covers do more damage. I had my rover under cover the year I bought it, and the wind just made the cover rub onto the bodywork.

It's got holes above the doors on the pillars and that's the main reason, and I'm pretty sure there must be a leak in the car as woke up this morning and it's all condensated on the Windows inside Sad

Thanks given by:
Fill the holes temporary with plumbers putty Tongue
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 02:16 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Fill the holes temporary with plumbers putty Tongue

Ha ha tempting might do that lol

Thanks given by:
i cant reccomend that one on ebay personally but its had some good feedback and I did get one a couple years back just like it and it was ok for the winter...I just gave it a good clean and wax before putting it on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Old bed sheet yo protect paint then a tarp!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 02:13 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(16-12-2013, 01:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Size-S-F...35cdbd890b

?!

I'm actually already watching that but just wanted to see if any one has any recommendations???!!!!!!!!!!!! ????!!!!!!!!!!!

(16-12-2013, 01:50 PM)procta Wrote: I wouldn't cover it, as car covers do more damage. I had my rover under cover the year I bought it, and the wind just made the cover rub onto the bodywork.

It's got holes above the doors on the pillars and that's the main reason, and I'm pretty sure there must be a leak in the car as woke up this morning and it's all condensated on the Windows inside Sad

mind chris, my rover metro suffers from this too, so it could be age related or the fabric headling, as my 1st carbed one didn't suffer from this and that had a vinyl one in stead.
also you would have wet floors too if there is a leak. but even then that could be condensation.
id get some fibre glass and repair the holes above the doors, if its failing.
Thanks given by:
You need something designed for the job, otherwise you will cause more harm than just leaving it exposed to the elements. Covers can scratch and cause a build up of condensation. You need one that's breathable and has a soft lining. The average car cover is fit only for covering a BBQ and will promote corrosion and paintwork damage. Even if you get a proper one, you still should only put it on a clean car so you aren't rubbing grit on the paintwork. The Halfords Advance ones seem pretty decent if you can be arsed with all of the above.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Iv got the one that was on my 205, never taken it out of the boot but il have a look at it and if its any good you can have it for postage costs?
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 08:16 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Iv got the one that was on my 205, never taken it out of the boot but il have a look at it and if its any good you can have it for postage costs?

That would be great mate thanks Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Its the small one of these, http://purchasenet.com.au/shopping/tyvek...-1990.html

Im uploading some photos

[img][Image: 20131216_214146_zps89c1c6c8.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 20131216_214033_zps4b4e0852.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 20131216_214027_zps44e708bb.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
Pm'ed you Mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Halfords advanced ones are pretty good for what they are. That's what I use on mine.
JP
Thanks given by:
I'm sorted now thanks to Daniel306 for giving me that one, being posted to me soon Big Grin

Thanks given by: