Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recommend Me a Toolbox
#1
In the market for a toolbox as I have more than just the Halfords 120 piece set now and it's getting annoying making multiple trips to carry stuff.

I like the cantilever style ones, like this Clicky I want one with a big handle that goes across the top, which that doesn't have. eBay has thrown up a fair few but I have no idea what is any good and I don't want to buy shit.
#2
I looked at the cantilever ones as well, but they all bought back memories of my old man's old metal cantilever tool box, on which the hinges rusted and made it really difficult to open/close, so I wouldn't recommend them on that basis, at least if you are gonna be storing them outside. In the end I bought a Stanley plastic one with metal hinges that lasted a couple of months before the hinges broke off, now I have to carry it everywhere with my arms underneath it Rofl So I know what not to recommend, but I would be interested in recommendations as judging from your suggestion you are looking for something compact but with a lot of storage capacity/different compartments which is what I need as well.
#3
Snap on with a roller cab

/thread

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#4
I wonder if Aldi sell toolboxes?
#5
(23-10-2013, 05:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wonder if Aldi sell toolboxes?

lmao
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#6
Buy a hand luggage suitcase with wheels and telescopic handles
#7
Bloody good suggestion that pugvivant. Out of the box (pun intended Big Grin ) thinking.
#8
No worries cousin, if you got a old hand luggage that comes to the end of its aesthetic life, dont bin it, just give it a new lease of life
#9
(23-10-2013, 05:02 PM)puglove Wrote: Snap on with a roller cab

/thread

I should add, I don't have a garage and most of my tools are kept in my bedroom so something I can carry is needed.

I love a garage and a roll cab though, would be win.
#10
Maybe not necessarily this particular make, but something along these lines gets my props

clicky
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#11
I too have looked at them, the only thing that concerns me is the sliders, expensive roller cabinets have roller bearings for a reason and I can't help but think that non roller bearing sliders might get quite stiff to open and close after awhile.
#12
Buy my Clio, it's cheaper than a snap on tool kit and it locks too.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
#13
I'd go for that one you linked tbh, if you don't store it outside (why would you) then there's really no worry about the hinges rusting, and it makes a nice compact unit.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#14
I've got one of these http://bit.ly/Hbowt1 it's cheap and cheerful and not ally but it's lasted 3 years of fairly rough use with all my work tools in

Oh and don't expect the dividers to stay put lol
#15
(23-10-2013, 05:07 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 05:02 PM)puglove Wrote: Snap on with a roller cab

/thread

I should add, I don't have a garage and most of my tools are kept in my bedroom so something I can carry is needed.

I love a garage and a roll cab though, would be win.

Yeah....... A full on tool chest loaded up may prive difficult to get down the stairs lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#16
This from Halfords

[Image: 175935?%24PDP_ENLARGE%24]

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...yId_255214

It'll go well with your set when you have a garage and can afford the matching roll cab.

I've had the top part of my Halfords roll cab for a decade and its still in perfect working order and it gets plenty of use and for that reason gets my vote, its probably lifetime guaranteed too.
#17
(23-10-2013, 06:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've had the top part of my Halfords roll cab for a decade and its still in perfect working order and it gets plenty of use and for that reason gets my vote, its probably lifetime guaranteed too.

Is yours a roller bearing? iv got a halfords one i dont use any more as the draws were shite,

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#18
Slightly of topic but this is my one at work I wouldn't go for anything other than snap on


Attached Files Image(s)
   
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]


#19
(23-10-2013, 06:47 PM)mikey b Wrote: Slightly of topic but this is my one at work I wouldn't go for anything other than snap on

As said try getting it up the stairs or in and out ya boot show off :p
#20
I might be able to get one bit in the pug but it's bloody heavy lol
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]


#21
I've got one of these, means I can keep my drill in the base etc.

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/tool-storage-...e-10907984


(23-10-2013, 05:03 PM)Grant Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 05:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wonder if Aldi sell toolboxes?

lmao

You snigger Grant...

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/hu...r-toolbox/
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
#22
(23-10-2013, 06:47 PM)mikey b Wrote: Slightly of topic but this is my one at work I wouldn't go for anything other than snap on

Don't get me started on pics of toolboxes Smile
#23
(23-10-2013, 07:41 PM)burnmw Wrote: I've got one of these, means I can keep my drill in the base etc.

I think this is actually quite a good idea for the OP

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#24
(23-10-2013, 06:43 PM)puglove Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 06:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've had the top part of my Halfords roll cab for a decade and its still in perfect working order and it gets plenty of use and for that reason gets my vote, its probably lifetime guaranteed too.

Is yours a roller bearing? iv got a halfords one i dont use any more as the draws were shite,

Yeah roller bearing dude
#25
Sealey and Draper are the same, aren't they? Finding some recognisable brands on ebay now.

Found a Facom one, that's better?
#26
(23-10-2013, 09:16 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Sealey and Draper are the same, aren't they? Finding some recognisable brands on ebay now.

Found a Facom one, that's better?

Facom is really good quality to be fair. Usually a bit pricey though


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone with a toolbox on here needs this! Seb_Ryan 5 3,179 06-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Halfords Toolbox is no more! burnmw 28 15,394 13-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Sian
Smile A mans toolbox MattiH 1 2,057 01-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)