what alloys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what alloys
im not sure if this is the right section for this question, but im looking for a set of alloys for my car as mine are naff.
i dont want to go any bigger than the 15s on there now, but could i use alloys from a 206/307 ect that are 15s as well.
cheers
Thanks given by:
I have a set of 16's with 45 profile, same diameter as 15's with 50 profile. They are the speedline Sl2108 very good condition in anthracite.
Thanks given by:
theres plenty of info on the forum about wheel dimensions that you need or what spacers are needed for what wheel...have a dig around Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cyclones buddy
Thanks given by:
i love cyclones mate. im looking on ebay and there all out of my price. i need three new tyres for my car so thought may as well put a set of alloys with decent tyres from ebay using my credit card through paypal. but only want to spend around 100 with delivery. to cheap for cyclones with decent tyres. :-(
Thanks given by:
iv seen a decent set of 307 alloys on ebay that are close to me, with decent tyres. can someone tell me if 307 alloys fit a 306. i have spacers on mine at the mo. so can use them if needed.
Thanks given by:
I've used 307 alloys an all need spacers
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 07:46 AM)Tyronnster Wrote: I've used 307 alloys an all need spacers

and the tyre profile will be wrong for a 306 . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replys. How about a 206 alloys on 175 65 14? Thanks.

Hi thanks for the replys. How about a set of 206 alloys on 175 65 14? Cheers.
Thanks given by:
im guessin your spacers are a 70mm spigot. therefore will not work with peugeot wheels also you will need flat seated bolts and not tappered ones

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
hiya puglove im a bit green with all the alloy wheel sizes ect. im not sure what spacers are on mine. there flat and a right pain in the ass to hold on the hub while trying to put the wheels back on. i can get the 307 alloys cheap but there on 205 55 16 so not sure if they will fit or not. im not sure what bolts i have.
Thanks given by:
I would advise you to bin those spacers and get some hubcentric one like below, no spigot ones are dangerous IMO and put a lot of extra load and stress on the bolts, also below is a difference between "flat seated bolts" (needed for Peugeot wheels) and "tapered bolts" (needed for after market wheels) And yes 55 profile tyres are to big on 16's for a 306

This is a hubcentric spacer, see the extra bit? that's called a spigot, you also have one on the hub

This is a flat seated bolt, see how it has a big flat washer at the top? these are needed for Peugeot wheels due to the design of the wheel#

And this is a tapered one, you have prob got these on your current wheels, DO NOT try to fit Peugeot OE wheels with these as the tend to pull through and the wheel comes loose

Thanks given by:
excellent thankyou mate, thats really helpful. would you think the 307 wheels would fit okay with them spacers and flat bolts.
there running on 205 55 16, someone just said to me on facebook they wont fit on 205 tyres? but iv seen a pic online of a 306 with 16s 307 alloys.
Thanks given by:
205 will fit. Is your car lowered?

The main issue will be the 55 number which is the height of the tyre.

On a lowered car 205/45/16 tyres would be best.

Also bot sure if it has been mentioned but you need to take into account the offset of the alloys you are buying.
Thanks given by:
205 refers to the width of the wheels, which is fine ,

55 refers to the profile / height of the tyre which is what will be the issue, ideally youd want a 45 profile

Thanks given by:
no mate the car is still running standard at the mo. so it should fit on them then should it?
Thanks given by:
Yea I think you will be ok on standard ride height, but it's worth seeing if someone has tried it.

Do you know what offset the wheels are?
Thanks given by:
no mate. thats the only thing i dont know. there on ebay and iv put a bid in, but worried now they wont fit lol. if i win it il just have to try them and whack them back on ebay if they dont fit.
Thanks given by:
are you looking at these

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
no mate these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111140486852?s...1431.l2649
if thats any help
Thanks given by:
yeah they are the same wheel lol, them tyres are to big mate

Thanks given by:
lol. bugger

hurray i been outbid. think il stick to smaller wheels. lol.
Thanks given by:
I have a set of these to go on my car once i put tyres on them, i've been looking for 195/45/16's. 205's would just be a little wider.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
they were lovely looking wheels. but i couldnt afford to put new tyres on them as well as the wheels. they went for £80 quid in the end.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried these on a standard ride height car pug love?
Thanks given by: