Turbo back exhaust cost?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo back exhaust cost?
Just wondering what to do in regards to the exhaust elbow/downpipe because the system that is currently on looks restrictive to the max. So many bends and angles in it, no wonder it is quiet with just a midbox!

How much would a basic turbo back exhaust system cost, just cheap and nasty sort of thing. I don't have access to a welder so I couldn't do it myself, would have to look at one of the well known chains that do it.
Thanks given by:
250 for a stainless 2.5 system I would have though
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's not justifiable then.
Thanks given by:
Aww who let this guy back in!?!

But to answer the question.. Powerflow 2.5 SS turbo back exhaust was just shy of 300 when I looked
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yup, not justifiable in anyway. Suppose I will have to make do with the normal restrictive 2.25" system with a dozen bends in it.
Thanks given by:
A stainless system will just replicate what yu already have just with less boxes and normally mandrel bent so a true 2.25/2.5. The whole length there will be same amount of bends
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On the subject of exhaust costs - if you already had a full cat-back system what should you expect to pay for a custom downpipe? Would they charge much extra because of having to make up a flange to come off the turbo?
Thanks given by:
There really isnt that many bends in a 306 system.

Look at the civic for example:

[Image: S2-413-05-2000-60mm.jpg]

The 306 has no more bends than the average system. The biggest form of restriction in that system is the boxes. Remove these and you will have more than enough flow for anything you want. Would be fooking loud though mind...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I read a thread where he got a 3" system made up for a TD04 and it freed an extra 4 psi.
Thanks given by:
2.5 inch is more than enough under 250bhp.

Even a 2.25 inch would be fine if it used mandrel bends for under 200bhp but ideally you want the least restriction possible after the turbo so if you're spending the money you might as well just go 2.5" (3 inch is overkill).
Thanks given by:
I had a straight through system made, turbo back 2.25 inch, mild steel, to a 3 inch tip, 102 pounds Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
That's pretty good. I am guessing it was an independent rather than a national chain though? I don't fancy driving to the midlands for it lol.
Thanks given by:
yeh they are independent!
Thanks given by:
What was the name of the company mate? That's not too far from me and a good price!
Thanks given by:
AA silencers, there in stafford mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers, did they do it right from the turbo i.e. the weird shape flange on the turbo itself?
Thanks given by:
You could make over 200hp with a 2.25, dont worry about that. A 306 exhaust would be relatively easy to make i eould have thought. Especially when you look at that civic one Grant posted!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Trying to make things as least stressed as possible though Tom. What's the benefit of having a 3" elbow off the turbo (as advised in my project thread) if it is gonna go down to 2.25 down the pipe?
Thanks given by:
Hot gasses take up more room than cold gasses, why do you think Peugeot go from 2.25 up front and go down...

Keeping gas velocity up is as important as having the pipe big enough...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Good advice Ruan, you always drop knowledge.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 10:13 AM)Ruan Wrote: Hot gasses take up more room than cold gasses, why do you think Peugeot go from 2.25 up front and go down...

Keeping gas velocity up is as important as having the pipe big enough...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Can do you a full stainless turbo back system with a single box and single tail pipe for £280+ vat
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 12:27 PM)Birk Wrote: Can do you a full stainless turbo back system with a single box and single tail pipe for £280+ vat

where you based?
Thanks given by:
Doncaster
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ahh shame bit to far for me Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust options for fresh turbo 306Puggy 9 3,567 09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: jay5488
  clutch cost? firemoth 10 1,848 06-02-2014, 03:17 PM