any more track days soon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any more track days soon?
After pugfest I've got a itch that needs to be poked, track time!

Anyone know of any upcoming events since I'd rather be paying for the track than following the mg heritage which is honing it all day on public roads only stopping for occasional macyd's and to pull it back out of a hedge
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
lol Well there is FCS...and we're looking at organising a club day of sorts in the future, though it most likely won't be until next year. I'd be up for a track day in either August or October though if anyone knows of one!
Thanks given by:
FCS track time?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just Sean is selling FCS Track time in the For Sale section Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I'll miss out on the camping though plus on the site the it's advertised as exclusive French only "Exclusive French-only track time is on sale now!"

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Put your peugeot badges back on Wink Or draw up some new badges

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=39248&d=1360918971]

Would it really be just French then? The temptation to drive again is too much

Thanks given by:
Sell up and buy a gti! Tbh when you took me out in your car, im definitely convinced a 6 is faster and it definitely handles better! And you dont have to budget weekly for headgaskets.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 08:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Sell up and buy a gti! Tbh when you took me out in your car, im definitely convinced a 6 is faster and it definitely handles better! And you dont have to budget weekly for headgaskets.

and you wont be driving a pretend MG
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 08:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Sell up and buy a gti! Tbh when you took me out in your car, im definitely convinced a 6 is faster and it definitely handles better! And you dont have to budget weekly for headgaskets.

Weekly?! Bit of a sparse HG service schedule for an MG don't you think?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yea, not sure if it's 100% running right then since I should be making some decent power
[Image: 160ps_powercurve.jpg]

It needs more than a weekly change. I'm outside changing it now and I've even turned it on since this mornings replacement

Thanks given by:
Any way........ enough about how shit fake MGs are, its common knowledge we all got the memo (apart from steve that is)

Back on topic, Im loving the hill climb, there must be a few places around that do a "track day/run what you brung" days that we could go to rather than trying to organise a 306oc only event?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Problem is a lot of track days require FIA approved and dated gear, which largely limits what most people here could attend

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If we organised an event, as much as it would nice to have a club event, i think it would be cost-prohibitive to not include other like-minded clubs.

If you spot anything going on on other forums, you may be able to tag along.

I reckon you are more likely to find things ran by location based car clubs, rather than model specific ones.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
"Shit" as it may be as it currently stands it's fully working and doesn't rattle to hell unlike the hdi, back on topic I'll keep have a look on other forums and see if they know of anything.

Thanks given by:
If you find anything and they don't mind other clubs tagging along then post up a thread Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to sort out a Curborough day to bed the new parts in on the buggy in a couple of months, might be split 50:50 with some kit car lads though.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Built4track used to be a good forum for sorting out trackdays, but they've gone dead as a dodo over the last year. literally newest thread in the trackdays section is mine titled "when's the next Llandow open pit day?" lol

There's trax later in the year (September), and if you look on places like Javelin: http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/

There are also some hillclimbs, but it's more a case of organising ourselves to get to an 'open day' or non motorsport-specific event, or renting the place out which will take some doing and is realistically more a plan for next year...

If there are a few people genuinely interested in doing some days I'll look into contacting places and getting prices together, or working out if they can accomodate us on one of their generic days, but it's hard because it takes a bit of financial committment, and leaves us a bit exposed footing the bill if people drop out....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Teeside do regular open-pitlane trackdays for 50 quid.

http://thetrackdayclub.com/monday-15th-july.html
Thanks given by:
Do a track day up north and Ill love everyone forever.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Do a track day up north and i'm staying at yours for the weekend, £50 a day for open pit is incredible!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What poodle said!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, lady steve looks like she can cook too
Thanks given by:
I'm in on this!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 10:25 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Teeside do regular open-pitlane trackdays for 50 quid.

http://thetrackdayclub.com/monday-15th-july.html

Looking on their forum it looks like it's more or less monthly runs, well excited if this is a regular thing to attend

(16-07-2013, 09:26 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: What poodle said!

Teeside is only an hour 45 from my uni place and you guys are more than welcome to crash whenever Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I'm up for this. Although not every month since its fecking long drive
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 10:49 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Teeside is only an hour 45 from my uni place and you guys are more than welcome to crash whenever Big Grin

Heart
Thanks given by:
Think they were talking bout crashing at mine not yours steve Tongue

And yes I can cook... I make the best meat pie in the north I tell ya Big Grin

But in all seriousness... Sounds awesome...Get the ball rolling
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Damn straight, meat pie is what they call it up there is it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well I'm sold.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  days when it all hangs together Magenta Sunset 5 1,331 21-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  one of them days Stef205 6 1,579 23-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  the day of days is here daddyfixit 8 1,602 06-03-2015, 03:42 PM