chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)
(09-06-2013, 06:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Not seen a s1 with these on tbh you got any pics??

Some where. i'll find it out for you

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Lowered front today think shock is fooked on drivers side as its sitting lower by about 20mm need shorter shocks tho tbh any way pics

[Image: 106green68_zpsd6a5d1ea.jpg]
[Image: 106green69_zpsb8d18826.jpg]
[Image: 106green70_zps78525c8d.jpg]

Not sure what im doing with axle might but getting a vtr axle see what happens over next few days

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
got two 45 profile tyres for 2 of the wheels and test fitted them and its gonna look mega i think, carnt wait to get it all sorted anyway some pics

rear with 20mm spacer and me sat in boot lol
[Image: 106green74_zpse0f33cd1.jpg]
[Image: 106green75_zps632fbdda.jpg]
[Image: 106green76_zps6844fcca.jpg]

Front no spacer
[Image: 106green71_zps3c49438c.jpg]
[Image: 106green72_zps4da72b1d.jpg]
[Image: 106green73_zpsa28b67fd.jpg]

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Needs to be lower :p
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This looks so set for a 106 nad. Good lad
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good, needs coilovers though.... for the finishing touch
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Needs smaller tyres and more lows to pull it off.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments guys but its a daily car and if it i had a lower profile tyres and even lower suspension it would be un-drive able round here, tbh im gonna struggle as it is might not look low but ive only got about 3-4cm from the front pipe hiting the floor Undecided

Im happy how it sits, the ride quality aint bad at all to say how low it is, not sure what it will be like on the lenso's tho. All in all im happy with it, be better when vtr axle is fitted and its lower on the back.

P.s bought a vtr axle last night lowered 50mm just gotta get some bits so i can adjust brake lines and 2 new hand brake cables then should be ready to fit it :-D

Thanks given by:
Loving the thread mate! Good to see her coming along so well! Had an S1 XSi replica myself and it was the saddest day of my life the day i had to sell her Sad! Had full XSi exterior/interior but the giveaway was the 3 stud wheels! Handled better than a go kart!

Back end needs lowering a good 40mm though!

I may have missed a lot, but what engine work are you planning on doing?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 10:49 AM)ADV_93 Wrote: Loving the thread mate! Good to see her coming along so well! Had an S1 XSi replica myself and it was the saddest day of my life the day i had to sell her Sad! Had full XSi exterior/interior but the giveaway was the 3 stud wheels! Handled better than a go kart!

im gonna look for a better interior eventually, but focusing on the out side. The rear axle i got is lowered 50mm apparently so see how it sits when that is on, hoping its bang on so save messing with having to lower it more. Engine work nothing tbh well not at the min any i would like to either turbo it or d turbo engine but weather it happens or not is a different matter lol i can dream tho Wink

Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 12:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 10:49 AM)ADV_93 Wrote: Loving the thread mate! Good to see her coming along so well! Had an S1 XSi replica myself and it was the saddest day of my life the day i had to sell her Sad! Had full XSi exterior/interior but the giveaway was the 3 stud wheels! Handled better than a go kart!

im gonna look for a better interior eventually, but focusing on the out side. The rear axle i got is lowered 50mm apparently so see how it sits when that is on, hoping its bang on so save messing with having to lower it more. Engine work nothing tbh well not at the min any i would like to either turbo it or d turbo engine but weather it happens or not is a different matter lol i can dream tho Wink

The red interior with the black bolsters are such a nice interior! Ahh, you'll have to upload some pictures of the car once it's lowered! You should try and modify and inlet manifold and exhaust manifold to stick a GT15 on it or something! XUD's will do in, just you have to give it quite a lot of work...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Looks really smart that mate!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 01:54 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 12:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

The red interior with the black bolsters are such a nice interior! Ahh, you'll have to upload some pictures of the car once it's lowered! You should try and modify and inlet manifold and exhaust manifold to stick a GT15 on it or something! XUD's will do in, just you have to give it quite a lot of work...

Yer i been speaking to some with a turbo'ed 1.5d and they used a gt15. It dont look like a massive amount of work to do but its how the engine take the boost plus the fitting a 306 bosch pump so got the compsator on

(13-06-2013, 01:59 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Looks really smart that mate!

Thanks mate Smile

Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 02:07 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 01:54 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 12:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: im gonna look for a better interior eventually, but focusing on the out side. The rear axle i got is lowered 50mm apparently so see how it sits when that is on, hoping its bang on so save messing with having to lower it more. Engine work nothing tbh well not at the min any i would like to either turbo it or d turbo engine but weather it happens or not is a different matter lol i can dream tho Wink

Yer i been speaking to some with a turbo'ed 1.5d and they used a gt15. It dont look like a massive amount of work to do but its how the engine take the boost plus the fitting a 306 bosch pump so got the compsator on

Probably a similar set up to a XUD NAD tbh... Not sure if you can run a TMIC though as there isn't a lot of room under the bonnets on these... Run on standard boost and i bet these fly!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
i would look at front mount if i was to boost it.... see how it goes tho as its just a dream to turbo it so if it happens i will be surprised

Any way bit of an update got the vtr axle ready to go on now, removed the brake compensator fitted new flexi's and got new hand brake cables so hopefully as long as the brake lines come off ok on the old axle should be pretty simple swap if not got brake pipe and connectors at the ready just in case.

[Image: 106green77_zps0fe973bf.jpg]

Hoping to do the axle Sunday all being well.

Comments welcome Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Give the bleed nipples a got WD40 and wire brush there a bastard on the rears. Is it already lowered?

Have you got a front anti roll bar? My 1.0 didn't have one. I used the VTS front set up.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 03:34 PM)306carter Wrote: Give the bleed nipples a got WD40 and wire brush there a bastard on the rears. Is it already lowered?

Have you got a front anti roll bar? My 1.0 didn't have one. I used the VTS front set up.

I got them free with out any wd40 Wink was piss easy, pain with the brake lines tho ended up grinding one off, sorted now tho with the flexi's and yer lowered 50mm im told. No front anti roll bar but no need for it now with the lowering springs up front its amazing the difference its made in handling before used to use its wing mirrors as stabilizers in corners lol now its goes extremely well round corners, Thats before fitting rear axle and having a rear anti roll bar carnt wait to get it on the cornering will be epic Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Well worth upgrading to VT/GTi quicksilver ect front suspension. I paid £100 for rear axle and front set up 5 years up so should be cheap. And it's a easy bolt off bolt on jobbie.

Making me miss my 106 man!
Thanks given by:
Loving the new look of this fella!!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 04:37 PM)306carter Wrote: Well worth upgrading to VT/GTi quicksilver ect front suspension. I paid £100 for rear axle and front set up 5 years up so should be cheap. And it's a easy bolt off bolt on jobbie.

Making me miss my 106 man!

I think if I had an anti roll bar it would just understeer like mad, don't think it's worth the hassle not like I'm gonna be going round any tracks just for day to day use its great as it is Smile but thanks for the info

(14-06-2013, 04:41 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Loving the new look of this fella!!!!

Thanks mate Big Grin

Thanks given by:
i think it needs some color on the center caps, hence why i left the blue film on originally, they look too silver, needs a tiny bit of contrast imo
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Coming together pretty quickly, is the VTR beam lowered?

Also couldn't find that pic if you hadn't guessed lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 05:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i think it needs some color on the center caps, hence why i left the blue film on originally, they look too silver, needs a tiny bit of contrast imo

I was thinking different colour centers not sure what would go with green tho, have to think about it once the wheels are on can get some one on here to do me some photoshops of it

(14-06-2013, 05:51 PM)puglove Wrote: Coming together pretty quickly, is the VTR beam lowered?

Also couldn't find that pic if you hadn't guessed lol

Lol no worrys mate and yer told its lowered 50mm will see when I get it fitted how it sits hopeing it sits ok as don't really wanna be messing around trying to lower it more

Thanks given by:
In love with this!! Such an awesome build! Focus on the visuals, then drop a lump in when you're ready.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
looks awesome...perfect profile n height
what lowering springs did you use?

I would have thought you wana keep the brake compensator otherwise you be locking up them rears under braking quite easily! 106 rear ends are silly light!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 06:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: looks awesome...perfect profile n height
what lowering springs did you use?

I would have thought you wana keep the brake compensator otherwise you be locking up them rears under braking quite easily! 106 rear ends are silly light!

They were saxo vtr apex -50mm springs but pretty sure they dropped more than that like 60-70mm, And yer i am thinking about the rear end locking up but it just so much easier with out it in, plus the fact the axle is lowered what will be making the brake compensator think there is a load of weight in the back what will be applying more force to the rear anyway. If i do have issues with locking up i can always just put one back it wont be a massive job just means messing with the brake lines.

(15-06-2013, 06:26 AM)ginge191 Wrote: In love with this!! Such an awesome build! Focus on the visuals, then drop a lump in when you're ready.

Thanks mate Smile and hopeful something like that will happen eventually but time will tell, cos i can see me lowering rear and getting wheels on the be bored of it lol

Thanks given by:
155/55 looks better.
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
So fitted vtr axle today one of the brake lines rounded off so ended up cutting it caused nothing but trouble finaly got it sorted after spending my time watching you tube videos to work out how to flare brake pipes lol got there in the end brakes are amzing way better than they were before lost the sponginess of the peddle Smile Few pics here any way

[Image: 106green78_zpse1b2c1e3.jpg]
[Image: 106green79_zps801ffe3f.jpg]

Parked on a slope and with load of tools in and old axle so lower than normal
[Image: 106green80_zps53d3d463.jpg]
[Image: 106green81_zpsf64180ed.jpg]
[Image: 106green82_zps3a2819b6.jpg]

On the level with all the crap out of boot lol
[Image: 106green83_zps6b88c622.jpg]
[Image: 106green84_zps3470ce6a.jpg]

Just need to get 2 more tyres sorted then i can test fit the wheels Smile

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Looks good mate seen this on fb earlier
Thanks given by:
spot on.

get them wheels sorted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,800 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 91,474 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,804 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013