4 branch manifold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 branch manifold
right i have just bought a 306 2.0 4 branch manifold and guess what it didn't fit and is never going to fit on my 1.6 engine had i seen the size of the thing and the layout of it properly i would never have bothered buying it but hey ho. my question is simple can i get a 4 branch manifold for my 1.6 306 and if so would someone be able to tell me where and roughly how much it going to cost. and if anyone does need a 4 branch manifold for a gti 6 then i do have one for sale so pm me for details i will be putting it up on the for sale section as well.
hope someone can help with my problem cheers.
Thanks given by:
got a pic of the '6 mani?

I don't believe they make one for the 1.6 but you could buy one for a saxo vtr and customise it to fit, i believe they go the opposite way under/over the subframe to a 306
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above, you'll need to get a Saxo/106 one and weld in the down pipe
Thanks given by:
when you say weld in the down pipe im guessing you mean off the one that come down from the mani or the actual down pipe? forgive me lol

jus another thing to add how easy is this going to be jus as a general idea
Thanks given by:
The original pipe that goes from your current manifold to cat will need cuttin and welding to the tubular manifold of a Saxo, normally under the sump area due to it being a 4-2-1 manifold
Thanks given by:
so pretty much a simple cut n stick job then if you get me.
Thanks given by:
Yup pretty much, just got to make sure you get it in line otherwise it causes the cat/centre pipe to knock
Thanks given by:
is there a way that you could even weld the bracket from the cut down pipe back on or is it easyer to just wel one onto the other?

cheers for your help dan how do you give rep on here again?
Thanks given by:
You've got to weld one to the other under the sump, when I did one for a friend we fitted everything after much measuring, and cutting to the right length marked it all up took it off then welded in a flex piece.
It's not hard to do but a bit time consuming to get it right
Rep's in the users profile page I think.
Thanks given by:
To rep you click the little icon of the bloke with a speech bubble and a little plus sign on the persons post you want to rep
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: