Bosch pump fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump fitting
Hey guys,

I've just bought a bosch pump which has been posted today so should have that in the next few days Big Grin what will i need to fit it other than the obvious pump, pulley, injectors and lines? I've found a scrapper with a Bosch pump on it so will be picking up the injectors and lines off that, is it worth salvaging any of the pipes or other parts of the pump set up?

Also how do you set the timing on them? I assume the Bosch pulley has the same 2 locating holes to set to the bracket but this can be set 2 ways 180 degrees apart? Will the pump run on either or should it be set to 1 or the other? Can i use the pulley from the lucas to eradicate this issue?

Any pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
2 Timing holes on both Bosch and Lucas, both are at 12 o clock and 4 o clock, so you cant get them 180 out.
Thanks given by:
Nice 1, i wasnt paying that much attention when i replaced the lucas Smile im glad about that, it could have been frustrating otherwise, i know id pick the wrong way!!
Thanks given by:
the most useful thing you can possibly have when fitting/removing a bosch pump is half of a 13mm spanner to get at the bottom fastening. never leave home without one now haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, any pointers for where to fit the positive to the stop solenoid from the ignition to?
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 07:28 PM)RJDubya Wrote: Thanks guys, any pointers for where to fit the positive to the stop solenoid from the ignition to?

the wire goes to the terminal on the side of the pump, it usually has a rubber cove on it, on injector side
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 07:57 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 07:28 PM)RJDubya Wrote: Thanks guys, any pointers for where to fit the positive to the stop solenoid from the ignition to?

the wire goes to the terminal on the side of the pump, it usually has a rubber cove on it, on injector side

Sorry, I meant the other end... Where to take the +ve feed from to go to the pump...
Thanks given by:
there should already be a +wire from the plug that went onto the lucas pumps stop solenoid
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Useful things to replace are fire seals, leak off pipes and intercooler d seal, it just saves faffing around in the future and its about a tenner for the lot Smile
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
What are the fire seals? I've heard the term but not really sure past that theyre to do with the injectors...
Thanks given by:
They sit at the bottom of the injectors in the head, (like small washers that compress when the injectors are torqued up) usually a small magnet will get them out.

There are also some copper washers that sit half way down the injectors aswell, I only replaced mine because they came out easily, but most of the time they are stuck in, it'll be worth replacing them if they come out easily, but id just leave them if they don't want to leave the head Smile
Thanks given by:
I know the ones, thanks. I wasnt sure whether they would be the copper washers where the injectors meet the head (if that makes sense?)
Thanks given by:
Yeah that makes sence Smile I'd deffinately replace the fire seals whilst you are there though
Thanks given by:
seals 2 & 3 on here...

[Image: b1hka2ac.gif]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers piggy.

Anyone got any tips on cleaning the injectors? Getting them out of a scrapper if it's still there on Saturday so I want to give them a clean if possible before putting them in...
Thanks given by:
To clean the injectors just take them apart a vice is very useful then leave them soaked in wd-40 overnight.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 01:24 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: To clean the injectors just take them apart a vice is very useful then leave them soaked in wd-40 overnight.

Thanks for the tip. My engine blew and the injectors have sat for 3 years with veg in them so want to give them a good clean out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,397 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,969 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby