April 2013 - Nürburgring?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2013 - Nürburgring?
Wow. did not expect that, i thought it was impossible to get!

It's up to you mate, you'll have a better idea closer to the time. But TBF, all the cover will provide is a lift to the nearest garage. And we're in convoy with a tow rope handy. I'm not sure it's worth it...
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
If thats true then I probably wont bother with it.. I will check with them anyway and see what they say

Though as you say people will bring spares and the only major problem is rods for the DT's?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
I never mentioned spares... lol

and yeah, rods are a potential issue, but no more so than blowing a HG or shitting a turbo

Thanks given by:
i am so jealous!!

Out of interest... How much is diesel gonna be en route?
Thanks given by:
Your right, you didnt Hmm

Infact there isnt really anything in terms of spares to take is there ?

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Turbo. Gaskets. Bottom pulleys. Belts.
Thanks given by:
Just a suggestion, if you haven't thought of it already, walkie talkies or cb?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Walkie talkies. cheaper..

you coming?

Thanks given by:
okay after seeing what carl has been planning jonny im calling shot gun and bringing a came recorder for the entire trip!! well what im awake of anyway!!

whats the deal with supplies? are we just gonna pick them up as we go through the towns or prepare and stock up on things we can cook if we decide to camp? was gonna spend all my money on insurance but this is to epic to miss!!!!

ohh btw can we stop off in monaco just to say we have?

P.S ive got the biggest hard on for this trip ever!! not gonna eat for three months just to afford it!!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Post removed
Thanks given by:
Sh*t that's like 6 tanks in the gti ! Still game though
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 01:23 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Walkie talkies. cheaper..

you coming?

True that. Nah man, wish I could, but can't afford it. Next time hopefully
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Okay, phoned RAC and it is £78 for a weeks european cover (im a member already so might be more if your not?)

But they said they will try to get your car fixed at all costs before deciding to bring your car back on a lorry because it costs them thousands.
It depends on your return date back to the UK. So if its the last few days before you are due to return then they will bring you back IF the car wont be fixed in time. But if it breaks down and it can be fixed you will have to pay for the costs of repairing it. Not sure exactly in terms of total engine failure/rods and headgasket/turbo etc. (forgot to ask, will phone them up another time)

Though been reading reviews/stories about being abandoned abroad or having to pay a fortune in repairs.
hmmm.. I think i could actually see them making you pay for an engine before bringing you back

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 07:29 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Sh*t that's like 6 tanks in the gti ! Still game though

Awesome Big Grin I'm going to be in stitches every time you brim it lmao

Sean: Come with! At a rough guess, 3/4 of a tank, so about £60

Ash: Course we can, whilst we're there though, it would be rude not to go round the F1 route....

Martyn: I hoped it was diesel for your bank balance lol Yeah, I'll be running a TD04, hdi rods etc but there really is no guarantee, as there with any car, how reliable it can be. I probably won't be taking many spares, just tyres and I probably won't look into breakdown cover. Most minor problems should be easily fixed, without the need for a garage. Yep, there are a few horror stories out there. Me personally, if say a rod was to entire the atmosphere or something catastrophic, I would abandon my car. As much as I like it, at the end of the day, it's only a car and would be soooo much cheaper to start from scratch when I get home. They're cheap enough Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ahh Tongue

I actually couldnt abandon my car, far too attached lol

I think I would be interested in breakdown cover if they will bring the car back if the rods fail.

Although, could just buy another one to take and then sell it when i get back ? Hmm

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
B*stard Carl lol ill be leaving you behind at the track

As for walkie talkies i work for a radio place and should be able to get some proper radios for us to use on the cheap
Thanks given by:
TBH you could buy an engine in a french scrappy and stick it in if it came to it..

Thanks given by:
I'm in Afghan when you go or I would!

Just wondering fuel prices in Europe!
Thanks given by:
carl if your just gonna leave it in a ditch if it goes im defo stripping it down before we leave it!! same for anyone else planning on ditching im robbing your shit bitches Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 06:31 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: B*stard Carl lol ill be leaving you behind at the track

As for walkie talkies i work for a radio place and should be able to get some proper radios for us to use on the cheap

Haha, we will see, we will see. I am glad actually we've got a nice range of cars going. '6 vs DT vs HDI, should be interesting....

You mean, you might be able to make some stock disappear!

(18-01-2013, 06:55 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I'm in Afghan when you go or I would!

Just wondering fuel prices in Europe!

Ah well, maybe next time Big Grin Jonny's looked into prices a bit more than me, I'm not too sure.

(18-01-2013, 07:11 PM)the milkman Wrote: carl if your just gonna leave it in a ditch if it goes im defo stripping it down before we leave it!! same for anyone else planning on ditching im robbing your shit bitches Big Grin

lol It won't be going in a ditch, Jonny can tow me to a scrap yard and I can at least claim some of it back. There won't be much of value, in fact you've betrayed us all with your little 205 dream, you're not having any of my parts Tongue WHY THE f*ck AM I TALKING AS IF THIS GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?
Thanks given by:
dude you break down im taking turbo pump lowering springs rods (if hdi and not thrown) and your anal virginity!

oh and if i cant get insured on the 205 im gonna track slag it and get another DT 306
Thanks given by:
Tempted to buy another cheap car just for this trip and scrap it if it breaks, if it makes it back then sell it

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Guys chill out lol, the cars will be fine lol

Thanks given by:
jonny i say you put me on your insurance for a week Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin lmao lmao lmao
Thanks given by:
How old are you?

Thanks given by:
19 Angel
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 08:14 PM)martyn92 Wrote: Tempted to buy another cheap car just for this trip and scrap it if it breaks, if it makes it back then sell it

Dude, just do your best building up your TD04 engine. I'd much rather be in something I could trust over something just bought!

All I will say is Ash, if Jonny lets you drive it, don't get cocky with it, coz if something did happen, he will castrate and then I will shove your balls up your ass, so will both lose anal virginity Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 08:37 PM)c.gerrard Wrote:
(18-01-2013, 08:14 PM)martyn92 Wrote: Tempted to buy another cheap car just for this trip and scrap it if it breaks, if it makes it back then sell it

Dude, just do your best building up your TD04 engine. I'd much rather be in something I could trust over something just bought!

All I will say is Ash, if Jonny lets you drive it, don't get cocky with it, coz if something did happen, he will castrate and then I will shove your balls up your ass, so will both lose anal virginity Big Grin

hahahah i never drive anyones car like a twat except my own i understand the value of what people put in time/money wise i may be a bell end but not a total wanker
Thanks given by:
I can't get anyone else insured overseas I think. I'd have to check.

But what carl says is true..

Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 08:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I can't get anyone else insured overseas I think. I'd have to check.

But what carl says is true..

ahh was just an idea if your fancied me doing some driving give you a break from it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 67,159 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 4,014 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 25,236 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Lwilliams