Ebay Knobber

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Knobber
Not after advice, just thought I'd share my lol'ing at how spasticated some people are...
Pretty much i sold my exhaust collection only, and this berk starts piping up with all this. They want a courier to collect it, i explain i will not wrap it as i dont have the time, but agree to print off and stick a delivery label. Rather comical if you ask me...

Quote:Hello ,I have now paid for the item ,there will be an email from "m******hotmail.co.uk" to you to help expediate the postage ,as you have stated you will put the label on for ups services to pick up from the rear of your property.When they come someone has to sign for it ,will a neighbor be fine to do this if you are not at home please just for the record?? anyway I will keep good email communication here. regards

Quote:I will print the label for you when i receive the e-mail
I cannot guarantee anyone will be in, but if someone is around then they will happily sign for it. Im happy for the delivery driver to sign for the item should you be happy with this

Regards

Quote:Ok thanks for the email i will forward this on in morning to the boss to expediate the ups delivery ,One thing if possible because I know this myself is that ups wont take it as it is .it needs braking in 2 pieces as it needs to be under 1.5 metres long in height so If possible can you try and make sure its broken at least in 2 before they come to pick it up..I have made full payment on the item yesterday cheers regards

Quote:This cannot be done. The exhaust is welded together, and therefore longer than 1.5m long. These are things that you should take into consideration when buying something that is collection only item. I am being accommodating enough already....

Quote:Hello ,how do you know the exhaust is welded in 3 sections? My exhaust which is the very same one to this is not welded in any section at all , the whole exhaust comes apart in 3 sections each with a flange attached to hold it in place with securing clamps...

I seem to think your not that bothered in selling it at all ,if this does bother you then fine and I will look to buy one direct from manufacturer..It just pains me so much that you dont exactly help your most valued customers out just a little bit .
I understood you didnt want to deliver but Im willing to pay extra to have the thing delivered ? so whats the problem do you want more money for the wrapping up of the item and money for dismantling it into 2 sections?
I mean the very least Im trying to do here is expediate a man to help me get ups to pcik the thing up ,I dont however want ups to get all upset when they see its an overly large item when simply I dont have the capacity to get it home here by car or any other mode of transport ....How would you expect someone to take it home like that ??

In any case im trying to fix my car ,this is beginning to sound like too much hassle.

Quote:Hi Is karen again here , I would like to add to my last message if poss that if you cannot split the exhaust we have another carrier in any case ,im usre though that the backbox at least will split,..I also would like you to at least leave the exhaust with a neighbour please so that it can be signed ,this is not my policy bu the policy of the carrier.. I also dont want to have them go and pick the item up and find out its not there so to speak so just to be on the safe side it would be better off left if your not at home with a neibour.. hope this clarifies everything , I understand what u mean when you said collection only but this is a one off for me ,.Its just im desperate for a decent exhaust for my car and I dont want to go to special manufacturer for second quality exhaust thats only going to last 6 months...cheers regards

For those who can be bothered to read it... What a cheddar lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Had a chuckle :-)
They like to use the word expediate too much lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't doubt they'll come back to you and say it's too loud afterwards too!
Thanks given by:
prick. why cant people read!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
this is one of the thousands of reason that i don't sell on ebay if i can help it lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Rofl

people like this amuse me!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
Are you sure it's welded though?
Seriously some people are complete tards.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Get out the precision angle grinder and cut it into 3 pieces...

Also although they're arguing that it should be able to be split, I bet UPS would turn around and say that it's then two separate items if it's not packaged together
Thanks given by:
Fair point scott. TS400 it is then! haha
Some people do amaze me... 'it is a one off for me'

Yeah.....

No.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Tosser refund him and tell him to piss off. having a few problems myself thru ebay and paypal at the moment some people are compleate lady gardens Sad

Thanks given by:
Offer to cut it through the welds for them making them fully aware that they will be responsible for getting it joined back together lol or tell them to use a decent courier - like wheelcarrierUK who will take the exhaust in 1 piece.
Thanks given by:
Granted the buyer is a bit of a tard, but you're not making it that easy for him. If you put "It's a fully welded system, so you will need to collect in person" then I'd agree the buyer's being a tard. But saying "these are things you should've thought about because I put collect in person" is a bit gay imo...

Love you though
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I imagine that was in the ebay ad though...

Oh and Ed, you forgot to add:

/pedant

whistle
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:26 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Granted the buyer is a bit of a tard, but you're not making it that easy for him. If you put "It's a fully welded system, so you will need to collect in person" then I'd agree the buyer's being a tard. But saying "these are things you should've thought about because I put collect in person" is a bit gay imo...

Love you though

Hardly. If you sell something as collection only, you dont have to give the exact reason as to why its collection only. TBH i think hes been quite patient with them anyway considering they just bid on it then said can you post it
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol, I've sold loads of golf parts through ebay now, and you wouldn't believe the amount of the times I've been asked to post things like doors, bumpers, beam etc....even after specifically putting collection only! Confused

The answer is always - No.
Thanks given by:
I recon the bloke is foreign you know.

I'm gunna take a stab in the dark and say it's a garage thats buying the exhaust for some reason and you're being contacted by a couple of people using the same account.
Thanks given by:
If there's something I want that states collection only - I always ask if I can arrange a courier first. I would never win something, then ask, it's out of order.

Surely there was pictures of it? So they are being somewhat special to say "it has to un-bolt".
Thanks given by:
Yeah, theres numerous pictures on the advert.

Ed:I didnt think its necessary to state 'its f*cking huge so dont come in your mini to pick it up' Theres enough images of it, and as curt says, it woudnt have hurt to contact me first. As ash says other couriers will carry it if its bigger than 1.5m. General tard IMO

Obviously it would appear some people lack common sense lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If an item says collection only, you make sure you can collect it.

If not don't bid, and for gods sake don't win the f*cking auction!
Thanks given by:
It's more that they expect you have such a good relationship with your neighbours that one of them will happily take a massive, dirty exhaust into their house and become solely responsible for it being collected.

Oh, and expecting the neighbours to be home to.

I agree they sound foreign, I don't think I've ever seen the word expediate used so much! It's like how I can tell when one of our clients at work is from the India team, as they ALWAYS end their email requests with 'please do the necessary'.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Expediate isn't even a word. Expedite is though.

Typical ebay chopper. I've had issues before with collection only parts like this. "Oh, i've bought your gearbox and noticed it is collection only - can you wrap it for a courier". No dickhead, that's why it was advertised collection only, because I didn't want to wrap it for a bloody courier as it's so awkward.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
It's not like everyone has 100m of bubble wrap and a pallet or hooj cardboard box to send such large items in as well.

"Can you wrap it for a courier?"

"In what, toilet roll!?! I live in a flat, where do you think I keep all these things?"
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 09:05 PM)Grant Wrote: Ed:I didnt think its necessary to state 'its f*cking huge so dont come in your mini to pick it up'

Some guy came to collect a front door off the Golf in a 2 door bmw salloon.... He'd removed his passenger seat and it was still a hell of a struggle! lol
Thanks given by:
"f*ck off you prick"

Followed by

'Second chance offer'
Thanks given by:
My exhaust is in 3 sections, so I think you're being awkward also... Fucks sakes Grant...

You just can't even be bothered to split the exhaust...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:57 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: It's not like everyone has 100m of bubble wrap and a pallet or hooj cardboard box to send such large items in as well.
So true
Also when selling my alloys I had to wait in for courier pita
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 02:51 PM)Ruan Wrote: My exhaust is in 3 sections, so I think you're being awkward also... Fucks sakes Grant...

You just can't even be bothered to split the exhaust...
Yeah exactly. If Ruan's exhaust is in 3 pieces and so is theirs, I'm sure mine is too. In fact everyone's exhaust must be in 3 pieces. There's clearly a join in that straight bit of pipe which has no flanges or sleeves on it that you're just overlooking! Sort it out!
Thanks given by:
my single piece welded exhaust is in 3 pieces. your just being an arrogant twat!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 02:33 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: "f*ck off you prick"

Followed by

'Second chance offer'

Absolutely this. No other option imo, ever.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 05:44 PM)Niall Wrote: my single piece welded exhaust is in 3 pieces. your just being an arrogant twat!

you're* Wink
Thanks given by: