CV Help? :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CV Help? :)
Hi all,

Well, I'll be honest, I put job searching on hold for a while for various reasons, but now I think a p/t Xmas job would be ideal to get me back into work again. But I'm not good at writing cvs, so I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind showing me thiers, or I can send you mine so you can tell me what to improve?

Any help with this much appreciated,

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Google, really. Loads of really good templates out there
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Here's mine.

Attached Files
.doc   Mark Chivers.doc (Size: 29.5 KB / Downloads: 14)
Thanks given by:
Mark.. aren't you unemployed? lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does not mean I dont have a CV. I had one for the 8 years I worked in my old job before getting made redundant.
Thanks given by:
I know, my point is he's looking for advice to write a cv to get him a job... not NOT get a job.. ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not having a job, does not mean I don't know how to write a CV to get a job.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 02:11 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I know, my point is he's looking for advice to write a cv to get him a job... not NOT get a job.. ninja

LMAO, reppppp

My brother writes CV's as part of his job, so mine's pretty decent..

Mark I love the name of your school..
Thanks given by:
Yea it was good pulling up in the minibus with the name on the side lol.
Thanks given by:
Monster.com have good cv templates pal tells you where you write what ect its what I used pal
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Mark, you are being trolled.

CV writing is a piece of p*ss, even if you don't have many qualifications. I should know.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I'll upload mine later, IMHO CVS are rediculously important, but its not just the CV that will get you the job, its the whole package, just shoving a CV in doesn't give them anything to relate to... Go down to the company, show your face, give a good firm handshake, give the man who will be deciding who gets the job a reason to remember you... It sounds costly, but every time I send a CV in I do it, print it on DECENT paper, not tescos 1.99 pack of paper, get some proper Conquerer paper, stick it in a proper document wallet... When they sift through CVs, they'll look at yours in a proper nice document holder, that just feels expensive, presented nicely, on good paper, and remember that you were the guy dressed smartly, who came in, made the effort... It may not get you the job, but if its the difference between.getting it and not... It's 1000% worth it... I hear people going I stuck 100 CVs in last week... I can't help but think they're not doing it properly, and no one is noticing them...

Doesnt matter if you're going for a sainsburys job or cleaning the bogs, its about standing out and getting your foot in the door.... Even if the application is online, do it anyway, say you've applied online, here's my CV anyway, I'm blahdeblah...

Worked quite well for.me in the past...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol cheers guys, I already have a template, its more the content I'm struggling with tbh. Need some ideas of how to put things without sounding like a 5 year old or a twat...or both! lol I also really struggle to find my strong points lol.

Your's looks pretty good Mark, cheers. Smile

And that sounds like pretty good advice Ruan, I was doing that before, just chucking CV's about and getting nowhere except the odd 'we don't want you' letter, which eventually got me to a point where I gave up and tried to scrape by on ~£40 a week.....it just about works living at home just paying for food and diesel, but it's not helping me at all really. I'm looking at potentially moving out in about March next year - I know I've gotta sort a hell of a lot of stuff first though. So first is work, I just keep thinking my CV must be crap to not have got anything I applied for before.
Thanks given by:
Pm me your email address tom, I'll send you a copy of mine.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 05:36 PM)Dan! Wrote: Pm me your email address tom, I'll send you a copy of mine.

Done. Smile
Thanks given by:
Happy to send you a copy of my CV if you send me a PM. ... and have a look / suggest on yours if you'd like? I was given a few tips from agencies this year when job hunting. Totally agree with Ruan above - effort in definitely gives results.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 05:36 PM)Dan! Wrote: Pm me your email address tom, I'll send you a copy of mine.

PM me your email address as well Smile
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks to those that sent cvs, very much appreciated! Hopefully get a chance over the weekend to sort mine out! Smile
Thanks given by: