106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(02-01-2015, 03:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Windscreens are heavy, might as well just remove that as well, saves the demisting issue too... lol

Seriously though, coming on well!  Wont take long if you keep going at this rate. Smile

(02-01-2015, 03:49 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: and is that what that silver box is I front of the gearstick? 

Yep, you can remove that along with its whole airbag/pretensioner loom.

Awesome I'll do that tomorrow Smile and thanks mate it's getting there

[attachment=20887]

Only think I'm stuck with is this. It's a security system apparently. It's got a load of wiring seperate to the loom but has two wires going in to the ignition system I think and some that connect to the box in the engine bay. My question is if I remove that box and all the wiring and cut the wires will it stop the car working in any way?

[attachment=20888]

[attachment=20889]
Thanks given by:
Thats your alarm system.
You wana remove it BUT need to do so in a way that you can still start the car!!
Got any wiring diagrams?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
f*ck messing around with it then haha I'll just hide it in the dash. It's not plugged in though. So is it actually doing anything? [attachment=20890]
Thanks given by:
Clearly not. Bin it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 05:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: Clearly not. Bin it.

What about the wires going to the ignition area. Are they safe to cut? 
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 05:17 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

id leave that a lone for the min, as you don't want to trifle with the ignition system.
you need to tidy that car loom! 
see if you can hide some of it, ( maybe inside the inner sills) also for some of the holes, the metro lads even weld up OEM holes where the car loom used to go.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 05:28 PM)procta Wrote:

id leave that a lone for the min, as you don't want to trifle with the ignition system.
see if you can hide some of it, ( maybe inside the inner sills) also for some of the holes, the metro lads even weld up OEM holes where the car loom used to go.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to do with the wiring 
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 05:33 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 05:28 PM)procta Wrote:

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to do with the wiring 

electrical tape it so it looks neat for a start, takes away the birds nest.
Thanks given by:
This is really picking up pace now. Looks good! Cant wait to get started with mine!
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 06:25 PM)SRowell Wrote: This is really picking up pace now. Looks good! Cant wait to get started with mine!

I don't hang about with this haha and are you making a race state?
Thanks given by:
Just rip the fucker out. its just a cheapy aftermarket alarm. If any original wires have been split, you can find wire numbers at roughly every 15cm along the cable so can match them up easily
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 06:41 PM)Niall Wrote: Just rip the fucker out. its just a cheapy aftermarket alarm. If any original wires have been split, you can find wire numbers at roughly every 15cm along the cable so can match them up easily

I might go out now and give it a go 
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 06:40 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 06:25 PM)SRowell Wrote: This is really picking up pace now. Looks good! Cant wait to get started with mine!

Nope. Ill be reshelling the 1.8 into a 3 door. Undecided whether to strip it like this or to go for fast road and have it more like Pugloves car.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 06:46 PM)SRowell Wrote:

Nope. Ill be reshelling the 1.8 into a 3 door. Undecided whether to strip it like this or to go for fast road and have it more like Pugloves car.
That will be awesome Smile I'd strip the whole thing and have the estate as a daily 
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 06:46 PM)SRowell Wrote:

only thing srowell, is how often are you going to be at track days? you have to take that into consideration.
Thanks given by:
Good news! I disconnected everything to do with that alarm system and it still starts! So I thought I'd risk it and cut those two wires and it still starts so tomorrow it can all be ripped out Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 08:34 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Good news! I disconnected everything to do with that alarm system and it still starts! So I thought I'd risk it and cut those two wires and it still starts so tomorrow it can all be ripped out Smile

good another thing to be binned! 
Thanks given by:
Brilliant ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 08:37 PM)procta Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 08:34 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Good news! I disconnected everything to do with that alarm system and it still starts! So I thought I'd risk it and cut those two wires and it still starts so tomorrow it can all be ripped out Smile

good another thing to be binned! 

Yep! Love it when things work out. The car is loosing weight very quickly, have no idea what can be done after I replace the seats and get rid of those last few bits tomorrow 
Thanks given by:
Drill holes and start swaging!

Get some polycarbonate to replace the side and rear windows too.
Thin out the boot and bonnet and use bonnet/boot pins
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 08:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: Drill holes and start swaging!

Get some polycarbonate to replace the side and rear windows too.
Thin out the boot and bonnet and use bonnet/boot pins

Going to drill some holes behind the front number plate for some more air flow, I've seen people drill holes on top the slam panel, may do that as well 
Thanks given by:
When you drill the bumper remember there are many layers of plastic and it may be harder than you think. I know Sam had problems with his rallye when he drilled holes in the number plate recess. It took him forever! Be careful with how much you take out of the slam panel! D:
Thanks given by:
another thing to do is bin the reg,
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 05:33 AM)procta Wrote: another thing to do is bin the reg,

Yeah I was thinking of taking the front plate off
Thanks given by:
has the head lining been removed and the interior light?
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=20885]

Coming along nicely dude. You can get rid of half those fuses/wiring now you have removed a lot of things?

Perhaps make up your own fuse board and switch panel?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 09:50 PM)SRowell Wrote: When you drill the bumper remember there are many layers of plastic and it may be harder than you think. I know Sam had problems with his rallye when he drilled holes in the number plate recess. It took him forever! Be careful with how much you take out of the slam panel! D:

Yes I did lol 

The front bumper behind the number plate on a 306(dunno if it the same on a 106)is heavily re enforced with abs plastic got 2 layers and weird vains going through it basically holds the whole thing together and as soon as you drill through it you start to lost the rigidly of the bumper.

So like a aero catch each side maybe a good idea
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Do you really need a steering wheel?

Mole grips are lighter..
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20899]

More progress today got the air bag module out along with that alarm system. Also neatened up the loom with some electrical tape. Think it looks loads better just need to find somewhere to secure it on the fire wall or whatever it's called 

[attachment=20901]

[attachment=20902]

[attachment=20903]

A collection of a lot of the crap removed over the past few days 
Thanks given by:
can you not relocate the fuse box and that bracket thing with the 3 plugs?
Thanks given by: