What really grinds my gears, thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What really grinds my gears, thread!
As above - People who assume that Computer Knowledge is free...

My work hire me out at £180 a day to customers - just because I'm round your house and I do computers for a living, doesn't mean I'm going to fix your computer for free...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:As above - People who assume that Computer Knowledge is free...

My work hire me out at £180 a day to customers - just because I'm round your house and I do computers for a living, doesn't mean I'm going to fix your computer for free...

Here here
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Really boils my piss, that does.

"Oh you work with computers? You can have a look at ours, it's really slow and is full of Virusses"

It's like saying to a Dyno-Rod guy:

"Oh you clear drains for a living? You can have a look at ours, did a banging shit the other day and they're all blocked"

And then expect them to do it for free... Total piss take. Just because we find it easy to fix computers, doesn't mean it's worth nothing...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
MrsMoonstone Wrote:What IS a pelican crossing???

A zebra but with flashing yellow lights i think.

Another of my pet peeves is people who press the button to cross at traffic lights when itsd clear...so they walk across anyway and time I get there its on a red light with no one waiting, argh!! :mad:

the traffic lights in lvierpoool dont do anything when you press the button. its one of those things that make the user think they are in control when they really arent! Like the close foor button on a lift. has one of those ever worked?
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:Here here

td_dan Wrote:LAPTOP TECHNICIAN ALWAYS HERE TO HELP JUST ASK

:think:

whistle
Thanks given by:
Your stuck behind someone doing 40 in a 60 zone then....you do 60 and stay at that speed then...they come over take at 70+ and slow down in front of you again!!!! Happens daily
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
td_dan Wrote:Here here

td_dan Wrote:LAPTOP TECHNICIAN ALWAYS HERE TO HELP JUST ASK

:think:

whistle

Lol dan i dont mind helping its those that EXPECT it for free, if i helped someone and the offered to pay me i would 9 times out of 10 decline as it shows they dont expect you to do it for nothing
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
When you're looking forward to finally getting to pick up your wedding dress the day after tomorrow and you get a call by the seamstress asking you to change the date... Bearing in mind you have to take a day off every time you go because she only works weekdays. Also bearing in mind that this now means that you've wasted one precious day of annual leave and will have to use another one to finally get it. If I pay money for a service I expect that service to be delivered, if I pay A LOT OF MONEY on a service I expect it to be immaculate and the "service providers" to ensure things run smoothly! I'm not saying there's no room for emergencies and thank f*ck she phoned well in advance but I still feel VERY annoyed seeing as I've already paid her and now all the inconvenience is with me!

ARGH!

/rant!
Thanks given by:
What reason did she give you for the delay? If not a good enough reason I would say we had a verble contract for a service standard and a finished product, as the service is substandard to the original agreement, you would like to renegotiate the price as there is a new verbale contract....unless its in writing and you can show the contract breech Smile

But then that's me + I work for a student letting company and have to deal with tenancys all day so im anal when it comes to contracts
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yeah Ruan the A1 up here from darlington to dishforth is all 50 miles an hour with average speed camers hence why i go down the A19 its much quicker
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Tourists on backroads, get the f*ck off the back roads and stick to the A30 where you belong, you can't drive these roads and you are incapable, so get your face in a map, not the sat nav.

Anyone who's from a Touristy place will get what I mean on this...

This too, any sunny weekend in the new forest will find you coming round a corner to find some useless londoner sat bang in the middle of the road. Will they do the intelligent thing and move over so you can both pass without slowing? Will they hell - the verge might bite their car! Instead they're going to slam on their brakes, stay precisely in the centre of the road and start swearing about how you can't drive, or worse, start reversing looking for a "passing spot"... You're not going to find a passing spot love, this is a two-way road, at least i can drive round the fuckwit who's refusing to move. Doh
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Anyone who's from a Touristy place will get what I mean on this...

feel your pain!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Tourists on backroads, get the f*ck off the back roads and stick to the A30 where you belong, you can't drive these roads and you are incapable, so get your face in a map, not the sat nav.

Oi! I'll have you know I spend most of my time in Cornwall overtaking people doing 25 in 60 zones. Also, I know my way round Cornwall very well...

Most tourists, not all :naughty:

But yeah, what fucks me off royally recently is people STEALING MY f*cking SKODA-BADGED MACHINED ALLOY VALVE CAPS!!!!!!!!

When I find them, they will die a thousand deaths.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Thieves do my head in also
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
The M62's average speed cameras, 50 mph my arse.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Follow the same format:

What really grinds my gears is when i see these crappy mo-peds on a pedestrian walk EVEN with a bicycle oncoming!

[Image: 8JFmL.jpg]

more to come...

Dont know if anyone has actually pointed this out but this isnt a proper moped its an electric bicycle (you can see the pedals and lack of exhaust)
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:Follow the same format:

What really grinds my gears is when i see these crappy mo-peds on a pedestrian walk EVEN with a bicycle oncoming!

[Image: 8JFmL.jpg]

more to come...

Dont know if anyone has actually pointed this out but this isnt a proper moped its an electric bicycle (you can see the pedals and lack of exhaust)

give a shit?

he can still f*ck off and get on the f*cking road
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Its like mobility scooters, on the road they are a pain, on the path their even worse

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
what gets me, is a bunch of first years banging on about their 'well sik corsa init' in the library while im trying to finish my coursework! wankers.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:what gets me, is a bunch of first years banging on about their 'well sik corsa init' in the library while im trying to finish my coursework! wrist exerciser.

My college is exactly the same, except its the rich horse riders with their golf's and corsa d's

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
god they're annoying!

Thanks given by:
So up their own arses aswell!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
yep! and young, and spotty. and clueless.

Thanks given by:
if you struggle to park you maybe familiar with THIS!!

[Image: GPQl7.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
That's just waiting to be tipped over.

Don't know if you ever been to Matlock bath in derby but loads of bikers go there and park their bikes next to each other and it's like dominos waiting to happen Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:
samass Wrote:what gets me, is a bunch of first years banging on about their 'well sik corsa init' in the library while im trying to finish my coursework! wrist exerciser.

My college is exactly the same, except its the rich horse riders with their golf's and corsa d's

lmao they all seem to have 306s at suffolk lol, I often over hear conversations about 306s by people that clearly don't have a clue about them! lol
Thanks given by:
1.1 306? LOL, best thing I have ever heard

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
They did do a 1.1 just not here iirc
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
trucks trying to over take another truck. both are restricted to 56 mph.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seriously? Also have heard someone tell me they hve a 1.2 saxo

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by: