Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily
NSF ride height in that pic is awesome lol, that's how it wants to be.

As said, colour is one of the best for a 106 to be honest! It's not Posi blue which Tom was thinking. This Cobalt blue is similar but not the same.

I like the car, just get that side strip replaced sharpish & it'll look decent.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:44 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(16-04-2015, 02:05 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dat ride height lol

Exactly my thoughts.

Going for the "ranger" vibe still! Big Grin

Ride height looked alot better at the rear for 20 mins today when I went to the scrap yard, only took 240kg to have the arches over the tops of the tyres (about 100mm drop) and it looked good.

With 1/3 of a tank of fuel and no me the NAD weighs 860kg (nearest 20kg) Shame it's unlikely to ever see below 800kg which would be ideal but the wheels and brakes are going to add weight as is all the welding it needs.

Oh and I removed the airbag bulb so that no longer flashes
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:53 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: NSF ride height in that pic is awesome lol, that's how it wants to be.

As said, colour is one of the best for a 106 to be honest! It's not Posi blue which Tom was thinking. This Cobalt blue is similar but not the same.

Its not Cobalt blue. Cobalt blue is metallic and darker Confused
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I actually don't know what the colour code is and TBH I don't care. I quite like the colour and it's only a daily anyway.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 05:35 PM)Niall Wrote:
(17-04-2015, 12:53 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: NSF ride height in that pic is awesome lol, that's how it wants to be.

Its not Cobalt blue. Cobalt blue is metallic and darker  Confused

That is metallic?!

Chris, would you say your car is this colour?

[Image: WNGUah.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4865.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are they both the same colour?
Thanks given by:
Yup, below has just been cleaned by the look of it!
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of my old 106 1.1 petrol. 106s are great for frugal motoring. It needed an ignition lead when I got it, and other than that a cat to get through emissions but other than that it was epically frugal motoring and actually kind of fun thrashing it everywhere just to keep up with traffic and still barely costing anything to run.

It was great not being concerned about dents and dings etc. so when people in expensive cars look like they want to cut you up you just think "go on then, try me". Big Grin

Awesome for zero fucks given, low cost motoring.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Just discovered the nad has a fuel light!! I'd been worried about running out as it's been misbehaving today but cant if the light has only just come on. Also pretty much guarantees that I have done over 60mpg on this tank that is entirely round town and commuting.

(19-04-2015, 06:58 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Yup, below has just been cleaned by the look of it!
I reckon it might be that colour but I'm not sure.

(19-04-2015, 09:29 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Awesome for zero fucks given, low cost motoring.
Yep love it to pieces, cant play too much as the brakes are shocking.
Thanks given by:
Thought so, Nail is talking out of his arse. That is Cobalt blue & is metallic.

Anyways, that second pic should give you the motivation to polish it up! Lovely colour.
Thanks given by:
i always thought Cobalt was much darker and also was quite a rare colour only used on 106s made in 1998 but oh well..
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Are you thinking of Mauritius blue?

[Image: IMG_3357.jpg]

I thought 106s came in cobalt, indigo, mauritius, Nile and moonstone?
Thanks given by:
Nope lol.
Must admit, i haven't looked at the pics of Chris car in ages and thought it was this colour lol

[Image: peugeot-106.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 08:17 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Are you thinking of Mauritius blue?

[Image: IMG_3357.jpg]

I thought 106s came in cobalt, indigo, mauritius, Nile and moonstone?

Now THAT is a nice blue!!
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 08:25 PM)Niall Wrote: Nope lol.
Must admit, i haven't looked at the pics of Chris car in ages and thought it was this colour lol

[Image: peugeot-106.jpg]

That's indigo, Rallyes came in it 
Thanks given by:
Who called that indigo!? Presumably someone who hadn't seen a rainbow....

Interestingly, VW Indigo blue is similar to China...
Thanks given by:
Defo metallic and not indigo.
Thanks given by:
So the latest update on the NAD is that it's half way through being serviced (I've done the oil and filter but not the fuel or air filter)

She's sporting a very nice pair of cyclones
[attachment=22839]
[attachment=22840]

And why you might wonder have I only fitted 2 cyclones? Well I wanted my bigger brakes on and I haven't got money for tyres for the rears.

Heres the standard fare.
[attachment=22834]

You can see the difference in disc size here.
[attachment=22835]

To fit a tiny bit needs cutting off the top of each caliper carrier and you need a set of shorter bolts.
[attachment=22836]
[attachment=22837]

And here's the finished job. Bled the whole car twice over with just 1l of brake fluid, the old fluid was definitely past it as it was a muddy brown colour in places.
[attachment=22838]
Thanks given by:
Bet she stops well now!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I don't think the brakes are fully bedded but there is a definite and substantial improvement. It was 120 yards (ish) to stop from 80mph on the standard set up. Hoping to go out tonight and see if I can improve on that.
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, my dads nad just passed its MOT with No advisories. Bullet proof little cars
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 10:38 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I don't think the brakes are fully bedded but there is a definite and substantial improvement. It was 120 yards (ish) to stop from 80mph on the standard set up. Hoping to go out tonight and see if I can improve on that.

awaits update: 'Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily - Now lifts both rear wheels'
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 10:49 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(27-04-2015, 10:38 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I don't think the brakes are fully bedded but there is a definite and substantial improvement. It was 120 yards (ish) to stop from 80mph on the standard set up. Hoping to go out tonight and see if I can improve on that.

awaits update: 'Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily - Now lifts both rear wheels'

This lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Nah, he sits so far back...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 11:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nah, he sits so far back...
Weight distribution y0!
Thanks given by:
Today's mod, all weather headlight bulbs as the standard ones were woeful. Absolute bargain as the packet was open so they were on the Halfords discount shelf and after a bit of haggling and the bloke having to get his manager I got them for a fiver. Also given the headlights a go with some rubbing compound then some t-cut which has improved the clarity no end as they were very frosty.

[attachment=22867]
[attachment=22868]
Thanks given by:
F*CKING SHIT BOX CAR!!!!1

Pitched it into a roundabout a tad enthusiastically, clunk and suddenly it feels like the engine is on solid mounts.

Felt like the engine had moved and was vibrating on something but I can't see where. Managed to get enthusiastic with a corner the other way and it's improved it but it still vibrates ARGH!!
Thanks given by:
more like freaking crap heavyweightoneside driver Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2015, 09:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: more like freaking crap heavyweightoneside driver Tongue

more like he cannot handle the power of a NAD  
Thanks given by:
Handle, power and NAD in same sentance Smile

You tubbing that NAD of yours dum dum Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by: