Top Gear!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear!!
Starts tonight 8pm Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I assume there are people watching this. Has anyone noticed how the hire car keeps getting cleaner and dirtier every time the shot changes? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 07:49 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I assume there are people watching this. Has anyone noticed how the hire car keeps getting cleaner and dirtier every time the shot changes? lol

I know it is entertainment but aint keen on it any more
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 07:49 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I assume there are people watching this. Has anyone noticed how the hire car keeps getting cleaner and dirtier every time the shot changes? lol

I noticed this. But it's still a laugh and something to look forward to each week.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 08:04 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:

I noticed this. But it's still a laugh and something to look forward to each week.

Amen to that! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wish they would surprise us and do something new.
Thanks given by:
Quite like the 208 GTI. but my god that Clio maybe quick but its FUGLY, And different engine notes? GTFO lol

Not a bad episode, killed a hour.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Man Clarkson actually looks scary. That's what a life of alcohol and smoking does to someone! Time to consider some new stooges I reckon.
Thanks given by:
Loved the bit where he was talking about the hire car

'how often do you bring you car all the way to the red line? Never!'

Err..... lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Hire car bit brought fooby to mind lol
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 08:15 PM)Pete Wrote: Quite like the 208 GTI. but my god that Clio maybe quick but its FUGLY, And different engine notes? GTFO lol

Not a bad episode, killed a hour.

that different engine sounds, just through the speakers i presume. i really cannot understand the point is the clio engine so bad they don't want the people buying to hear it or something?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I got bored tbh.

The star in car bit was just like the last time they changed car. I didn't understand what they were trying to do with a 'hired' Toyota and a sailing boat in New Zealand except wasting a lot of money going to NZ to prove nothing. And he re-used the joke about ST being a lady item.

I must be getting old.
Thanks given by:
Clio is a Frenchy pretending to be a Jap
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 08:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I got bored tbh.

The star in car bit was just like the last time they changed car. I didn't understand what they were trying to do with a 'hired' Toyota and a sailing boat in New Zealand except wasting a lot of money going to NZ to prove nothing. And he re-used the joke about ST being a lady item.

I must be getting old.

it is a bit meh, beats the endless coverage of glastonbury on all the other channels though
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 09:00 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(30-06-2013, 08:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I got bored tbh.

I must be getting old.

it is a bit meh, beats the endless coverage of glastonbury on all the other channels though

Really? It seems o be f*cking tennis every time I turn the TV on lately! lol

But yeah, Glastonbury seems to be crap too, I can ony assume the atmosphere there is why people go to it! Confused

However, yesterday I updated channels and found theres now a non-stop Kisstory channel on Freeview (714) Definitely beats tennis or Glasto!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the race was pants, they need to bin off Clarkson and bring in someone new...if not all 3 of them.

When is Fifth Gear, and what channel?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I liked it.
Best bit though was the shot of the 205 at the beginning :p
Thanks given by:
Loved it! I'm a big fan of Top Gear.
[Image: Untitled_zps2ed48460.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 11:51 PM)Stephen Wrote: I liked it.
Best bit though was the shot of the 205 at the beginning :p

^^THIS!!

I got the eye-roll from the missus when they were doing the camera bit at the beginning, I was like "OOOOOH 205 1.9GTi, Renault 5 Turbo, and.... some old Ford!!"

Bit disappointed when they didn't bring out the 205 to show them all how a car should stop go and corner without a 200hp engine and more driver aids than an 05 Merc...!

Not being funny, but they've almost got to the point where you can't really consider these new cars as hatches. They're massive; far bigger than a 306, and to compare them to the 'original hot hatches' like the mk1 Golf GTi or 205 is almost laughable..!

Not complaining, as I've obviously just upgraded, but I still think they're making hatches too complicated and over-assissted, and it detracts from the simple pleasure of slinging a light car with modest grip, great steering feedback and a zingy engine down your favourite back-road hooting with laughter as the tyres squeal for mercy....

I also thought the race was a bit of a waste, but then it was a damn-sight better than last seasons one where they did that stunt driving when filming the Sweeney. They essentially just wrecked 3 brand new Fords. Now I'd sooner have aids than a Ford, but even so it was so bloody wasteful. It pissed me off so much I just turned it off.

I'll watch Fifth Gear for my car fix these days, Top Gear has lost touch with their target audience - Car enthusiasts.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I saw a picture on the internets of a 205gti racing a 208gti on some nice roads which was apparently top gear filming. So maybe that's to come!
Thanks given by:
agree with ed on the size of new "hatches" there's a renault garage on my way to work and these new clios are huge!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 08:18 PM)Grant Wrote: Loved the bit where he was talking about the hire car

Err..... lol

I thought this to lol I was thinking well i do it every day at least 2 times a day if not more Wink

Thanks given by:
(02-07-2013, 09:33 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(30-06-2013, 08:18 PM)Grant Wrote: Loved the bit where he was talking about the hire car

Err..... lol

I thought this to lol I was thinking well i do it every day at least 2 times a day if not more Wink

Never redline my cars. Scared of breaking them
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2013, 12:13 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Never redline my cars. Scared of breaking them

/Toms306
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: