Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering a torsion bar, nick method...
Right, I'm digging up this skeleton because I've just had a farken mare of a WEEK (7 days) trying to get the passenger side (drivers side in UK) torsion bar out and toay I gave up being nice (aka heat WD40 pullers prayes pleading etc) and removed (hacked out with a drill) the poxy washer thing, took out the threaded do-dah and took a works mini-kango to the end of the torsion bar. I achieved................ knocking the opposite arm out ?‍♂️?

Long story short, I'm stuck with the "Nick method" on the right hand side, and the left side has to follow it. So my question is (because all the pictures are broken in this tread) what are the rough mm drops per Nick? ??

Because of a serious diet, the old lady (98 136PS Cab) was sitting with her arches 110mm (yes, one hundred and ten ? ) above her 195/55 tyres.
As far as I can make out the first Nick has dropped that by around 45mm - I was hoping for 55mm to sit her down properly for her new Vogtland legs that are minus 40 at the front - but that might be out the window...

I'm not sure I can be arsed to do it all again, only to find out Nick Two drops it 80mm and she's dragging her arse ??

So... heeelp... please... somebody ?

Quick add: now had a proper measure up and the right side is dropped 38mm, the left 37mm - so pretty good on the levelling, but I can't see it being enough - that will probably still leave her arse in the air...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Lowering a torsion bar, nick method... - by GP123 - 02-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Lowering a torsion bar, nick method... - by RePT - 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
RE: Lowering a torsion bar, nick method... - by Sinbad - 19-07-2021, 05:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  torsion bar lowering south east? connorp 1 1,159 26-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Torsion bar lowering Porty 4 1,620 14-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Porty
  lowering torsion bar connorp 10 2,044 12-06-2015, 08:04 PM