Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump max fuel and idle settings issue
Hello gentlemen, since getting a benchmark power figure I have decided to start playing with the Bosch unit (it's been a long time acomin') so I have been playing a bit and trying to find a setup that suits me. I have read the guides but I am not sure if it answers my questions as such. To start with,

I have the racist turbocharger (kkk k14).

I have had 15 psi from just adjusting the pump at 3k RPM but it got to 17 psi further into the rev range as the fueling was starting to drop. I adjusted the turbo to 22 psi which I thought was too much so I turned it back down to 19 psi. I then thought it was clean on boost at 19psi so I turned up the fuel more, there is coal off boost now (compared to when it was at 22psi) but still none on boost although it feels faster than when it had less fuel but more boost.

So how do people normally set the right fuel and air ratio for these beasts? I could turn up the fuelling until there is smoke on boost but I don't want to break it as I still have the collar on the max fuel screw but it is getting to the point where the collar stops me from turning it more! Not that that is what would break it but it gives you an idea of how high the fuelling is.

In addition to that, I have wound the boost compensator all the way out and there is still some slight coal off boost and none on boost. It is now easy to stall but would it really make a difference if I wind it back in? And more importantly, does the boost compensator affect the idle speed which I am having trouble with?

That brings me conveniently onto my next point. What is going on with the idle now I have turned up the fuelling? I know turning up the max fuelling will increase the idle but now it seems to have a mind of it's own, sometimes it will idle up high (1500RPM) and sometimes I will start alright and then it drops to 500 RPM. I have twiddled the hot and cold idle screws but it seems to me that they are adjusting relatively as to when the engine is running, when it starts playing up again they seem to need readjusting. The only thing that seems to help the idle problem is adjusting the cold start cable which seems to have a more absolute affect rather than a relative one.

Next mods I am hoping to do are LDA pin rotate and governor mod (the tricky one!).
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Bosch pump max fuel and idle settings issue - by Flynn - 27-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main Fuel Screw and Idle Speed ally406 6 1,738 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,467 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182