Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1988 Ford Sierra £350 open to offers, needs to go!
Details:

He is the second owner from new, and the first was Ford in Treforest, was a demo car!!!!! Has owned this car for around 24 years!!!

- 1988 'E' Reg
- MOT until August 2012 (all it needed for last MOT was a new exhaust)
- Currently on disability road tax so will have no tax when sold
- 152k (which is a lot lower than I thought) but had a new engine at some point a few years back
- 1.8 8v overhead single cam
- Diamond white
- 5 door
- completely original....still has the original Ford wheel trims and tape player/radio!!!!!
- Sunroof
- Grey cloth interior (great condition apart from wear on the drivers bolster)
- Car is fitted with a towbar with all the electrics and has only ever towed a small 3x4 trailer
- All tires are good!

This car is in a great condition for the year, has been garaged every night for the last 21 years, and since the passing of my Nan 13 years ago it has only gone to the shops once a week to do his shopping.

The car will come with LOADS of spares. He's very mechanically minded and has looked after this car very well. Spares (to name but a few):

Engine, gearbox, carbs, exhaust, valves, springs, manifolds, etc etc etc.

BAD POINTS (as every car has):

- One or two little rust spots coming through (but when you consider the car is almost 25 years old it's nothing)
- There is a little bit of blue smoke on startup which we think could be the oil seals starting to perish
- At about 50mph there is a bit of wheel wobble even though the car doesn't pull to either side at all, not a great deal but still noticeable. Whether this is the tracking or just down to the car being older I'm not sure (I suspect maybe the wheels need balancing).
- The back bumper has a bit of damage to the one corner when someone reversed into him in Tescos, which you can just make out in the picture.
- You can also see one of the little rust bubbles on the front wing...still, hardly anything as it's nearly 25 years old!
- Little bit of rust showing on the sills, but still solid
- He has flashed over the arches white paint for some reason, but being an old man, hasn't done a good job lol

Still overall it's really solid!

Drives fine, nice smooth gearbox, brakes fine, clutch fine, exhaust is pretty new. To be honest, there is a lot of sentimental value in this car for him, and I am unsure of the value of these as they vary so much. With all the spares included and many more which I've more than likely forgot.

[Image: grampas1.jpg]
[Image: Grampas2.jpg]

Wants £350ono now as it's taking up space unfortunately. Bargain we feel with all the spares too, and we are very open to offers on the price!!!!

Any serious interest then drop me a PM

Cheers guys!
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
1988 Ford Sierra £350 open to offers, needs to go! - by Craig-o - 31-07-2012, 06:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 306 2.0 xsi £300 open to offers gurj306 0 1,125 24-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: gurj306
  306 hdi estate OPEN TO OFFERS bashbarnard 23 6,491 14-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  FOR SALE: 206 1.9 NAD MOT till JULY 2015. Open to offers Piggy 2 1,087 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Piggy