Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????
Tom - from what it seems to me, I'm not being harsh here, I'm genuinely trying to help.

Everything we say or suggest, it's a reason as to why you can't - but I'm afraid to say it's merely an excuse, and that's all it is - you've got to view life and the world as a short amount of time that you get to do what you want.

You really need to think to yourself, do I WANT to have x, or do I want to be able to do y.... You then need the motivation to go and do it, and I'm sure if there's anything that people on this forum can do to help - they will. Honestly, some of the things people have done on here to help others out, completely non car related is amazing, through 306oc I'd say I've gotten some of my best friends... The only reason I live 250 miles away from home, happy, in a house that I call home is due to the people on this forum and other forums about 306s...

I've been in some pretty shit places mentally before, now I'm not saying I can compare it to how you are - I don't know the full picture, it's not easy when all I see is reasons why you can't do things... But you need to find in yourself the will and determination to pull through, because I found out not all that long ago in honesty, that if you don't give a crap, no arsehole else will, it's only YOU who can do it... Everyone will do as much in their power to help you as is physically possible, but you've got to want the help yourself.

I've not read the thread thoroughly, there's a lot of snippets I've caught though...

- Niall suggested you did some Martial Arts, great idea IMO, it doesn't matter about strength, all you need is determination...
- Numerous people have suggested going to the pub - I very rarely drink in honesty, I'm not a massive fan, but it doesn't matter, you can sit and have water/coke/J2O if you really want, no one is going to judge you... You're there to spend the time with like minded people.
- The car thing no one can help you out with, you've got to make that decision yourself, we can give suggestions and ideas, but it does come down to you.

You need to take a step back from the worry, anxiety if you can, and just think what you want out of life... Money isn't everything, I'm currently spending 47 hours a week packing insulation into 10kg bags - I f*cking HATE it, there's nothing more I hate than going to work in the mornings, but it's currently a means to an end, it means I get to live in my house, drive my car where I need to and pay for the food I need to live... There's nothing more that I need in life at the moment, I've got my friends back home which I don't get to see anywhere near as much as I'd like - but money simply doesn't allow at the moment and I've got my friends here in Gloucester... That's what matters...

If you're happy, nothing else matters... IMHO. We're trying to help, but you need to want peoples help.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's????? - by Ruan - 15-07-2012, 09:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.9 Dturbo 205 vs pd mk2 golf pugtk 11 2,520 14-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  xud van vs golf gti 1.8 t xudlingo 30 5,129 21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  Anyone play golf? THE_Liam 25 11,068 19-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam