Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents?
Hi guys

First time posting on this forum... or on any car forum for that matter. To be honest I think the last time I owned a car forums didn't even exist. I guess that's progress for you.

I bought and imported a 2001 306 estate for lugging surf gear around by the beach in Spain where I live, the car is great and still runs like a dream, and this forum has been great for sorting out any little niggles or repairs I've had to do, but I have recently hit a dead end.

The heater blower stopped working, so following some trouble shooting tips, and after checking the relays and control panel I ended up replacing the blower motor with one from a breakers and now it runs fine, 4 speeds etc etc. But now the problem is that no air comes out of the vents when the dial is in any position.

The engine air intake is clear
The space between the blower and the heater matrix is clear, some twigs and leaves on the matrix but nothing major I think
The car doesnt have a cabin filter.
The control panel cables are all connected and can be seen to move the respective levers correctly.
There doesnt appear to be any air escaping behind the dash so it wouldnt seem that a vent/pipe is disconnected
The AC has never been very cold but I guess that is down to needing a regassing.

So what on earth is wrong with it? Seems like a vent is completely blocked but when the motor worked before there was not a problem.
Any other thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and greetings to all
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents? - by Zubes3 - 17-09-2020, 03:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blower not working boggs 4 1,668 26-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Dreijers
  Update: blower motor issue full fan speed all the time rich_n_stace2014 5 1,602 01-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: rich_n_stace2014
  Another blower motor problem! NOSE 0 1,014 25-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Last Post: NOSE