Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction...
When the motivation is there, we can get a bit done. Just having a clearout of 206 related stuff at the moment as space is tight, but the XS has been running nicely yeh. 200 odd miles under her belt (the majority of which was covered on the second day she was on the road, was too much like good fun around the peaks!)

Still need to sort a proper heater hose, it's currently running with the connector block from a DT spliced into the engine-side hoses from the original cracked one, incorporating part of an old XUD dipstick tube & a 17mm socket as joiners!

Runs even better with the MAP sensor connected haha! One thing I will say, some folk feel like you should treat an engine gently if it's been sat a long time/was seized. I don't subscribe to that way of doing things though, the way I see it is if the engine was healthy when it last ran the best way to keep it that way is to (obviously spin it over plenty to get oil circulating again first) give it a good thrash as soon as it's warm enough. I believe that seats the rings/valves etc back in better than idling/running gently which (in my opinion anyway!) can just lead to glazed bores, low compression and a smoker.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction... - by ekjdm14 - 27-01-2021, 05:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emma's PUG Fozzy 85 30,720 15-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: dorranleane97
  Emma's HDi MrsMidnight 44 8,911 19-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub