Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 306 cab owner - Couple of things
(28-08-2020, 12:07 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: Sorry, can only help on Q2. Hopefully someone else can help with the others. There's a drain hole underneath the wiper motor, behind the shock mount. To clear it properly you may need to pull the wheel arch liner back as it sits behind the liner. There's one on the passenger side too. Usually leaves etc collect n block it. Definitely worth sorting as wiper motors don't like being submerged in water!
Thanks for the welcome. 
It is an odd one as I checked in the roof storage compartment just now and its dry so water is able to flow out, just maybe not fast enough in a deluge. I will investigate it. 
Cheers Smile

(29-08-2020, 06:59 PM)ekjdm14 Wrote: Afraid the front scuttle area drains aren't going to affect the hood stowage area I don't think, although definitely worth checking that out as
well since if one end is blocked the other might be too.

I'd suggest getting a piece of stiff wire or bowden cable (bit of bike brake cable etc), and pushing that down through the drain hole you can see, or perhaps blowing a little compressed air down it if you have a compressor.

I assume it's a phase 1 or 2 cab you've got, since phase 3 headlamps are fantastic IMO.  to be honest I'd just look out some phase 3 crystal headlamp units if the ones fitted are the single-optic H4 bulb type, as the twin-optic crystal ones are so much better.  If you do stay with the original lamp units, just make sure the bulbs you have are a decent brand & the connections are all clean/tight.  Not much point in (illegal) high wattage bulbs as without modding the wiring to add relays etc they'd likely be even worse than good quality 55w ones due to wiring not being up to the extra current draw.

Not sure on the roof issue, I'd have offered to look if we were closer but we live in Cheshire! Firstly, are you trying the roof with the engine OFF but ignition on?  they won't work with the engine running.  Assuming this, when you press the button can you hear the motor try to do anything?

And welcome by the way!
Thanks for the welcome Smile 
I will investigate the water thing. As i posted above it seems to drain away but might just need a bit of a clean out. 
Its an 02 plate phase 3 cab. Maybe I am being a bit fussy lights wise but they didn't seem amazing. I will do as you suggest and check the bulbs and connections. 
I'm trying with engine off but ignition on. I can't hear anything from the motor when pressing the button BUT with the ignition on I can't manually lift the hood cover. Turn the igniition off and I can...which is odd! 
Thanks for the tips Smile
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: New 306 cab owner - Couple of things - by orev1989 - 30-08-2020, 05:49 PM