Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 and ph2 engine loom connector differences
Hey and greetings from a new member.

I have a -97 ph1 cabriolet that used to have a 2.0 8v engine. I've swapped a 2.0 16V engine (XU10J4R) from a Xantia in. Engine wiring loom is from a crashed 1998 Peugeot 306 that also had the same 16V engine. The engine swap is otherwise finished, but I'm currently waiting for an ECU to be mailed to me. Before testing whether the car starts, I need to know if the pin order of the engine wiring looms are different in a ph1 2.0 8V engine and the ph2 2.0 16V engine. What I mean is the pin order of the two round connectors that attach to the body. Hopefully someone has info that would help me.

If someone is wondering why even bother with such a mild engine swap, here's the backstory. Last summer I ran into a problem. The engine started making this awful clanking noise. I was sure that the bearings were done, so I got myself a spare engine from a Xantia. It later turned out that the noise didn't come from the bearings, but one of the spark plugs had physically broken, and parts of it dropped inside the cylinder! The parts eventually made their way out through the exhaust valves or got hammered in to the piston (haven't opened the engine yet to see what it looks like). Anyway, I had already got myself a spare engine and the old one was leaking oil from every orifice, so I thought I'll just swap the engine anyways even though the original engine was working. Changed the timing belt, camshaft and crankshaft seals, and clutch of the replacement engine so it should be good for a long time now.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
ph1 and ph2 engine loom connector differences - by jirupa - 24-05-2020, 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seatbelt tensioner connector tigerstyle 2 1,349 17-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Engine loom fire roger352 4 2,089 14-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  GTi6 Engine loom help MCH 9 5,409 03-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Last Post: MCH