Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power steering rack.....replacement options
Thanks for the advise Johnny and co.

Replacement low km rack and hydraulic piston arrived today from Melbourne Pug Wreck. It looks great condition and upper tie rods seem ok too.
Have replacement tie rod ends and P Bushes.......so should be a good way to spend the lockdown weekend watching all the videos and reading advise on swapping out old steering rack and tie rods.

Not sure about lower control arms or ball joints........I’m going through all hassle of doing P bushes, should I do front bushes and ball joints whilst it’s all off the car? Advise before Saturday would be great so I can go to local parts dealer if advise is yes, do ARB bushes, ball joints and front bushes too.

Wise words welcome.

As for rear beam, I did the hand past the wheel test to body (thanks mighty), and could just slide hand to knuckles on both sides. So not rubbing yet, so guess rear beam is ok (looked like slight tilt in of rear wheels at top, but not massive). And if not doing all that yet then assume best to also leave rear axle dampers for now. And see how the thing feels after doing:

- front ARB Drop links
- new steering rack
- new tie rod ends

As said........happy for any wise words (as advise johnny- will test steering for refurbability- is that a word?)

Of course. Once that’s all done next is timing belt, and other stuff......but that’s another thread Smile
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power steering rack.....replacement options - by Jellomanpie - 30-04-2020, 01:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Steering Pump, All The Same? bigcheez2k3 14 3,913 20-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: vento85
  Power Sterering Ram/ Steering damper pugfrank 6 3,053 08-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: pugfrank
  Power steering fluid choice stalker92 2 2,509 17-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: stalker92