Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power steering rack.....replacement options
That’s awesome mighty306, thanks for the advice.......it was looking like all sorts might’ve been wrong in there, but you’ve given us a bit of confidence that we don’t have to completely rebuild the pug 
Right about it being clean and not too rusty. I was surprised and yes, bolts aren’t too bad. Got the lambda off any cleaned the other day, no dramas.

Happy you think rear beam mounts and sway bushes seem ok. That’s good to hear.

But as for steering and suspension, went online to pug wreck in Melbourne. Good helpful guys there and ordered:

- replacement steering rack coming from pug wreck yard (low mileage and tested)
- new lower tie rods
- new upper tie rods
- new sway bar drop links 
- new P bushes

Hopefully courier gets them here for weekend.
We will leave the rear beam bushes for now.

Was thinking about whole control arm as P bushes might be tough to replace without proper tools/ press so I hear reading forums.  However, gonna leave control alarms for now and just do P bushes. Not sure about control arm ball joints. They looked ok, just old.....and tired (know that feeling).

I might go and stick this into the project thread as there’s such a range of things.
I’m sure pics of trying to swap steering will entertain a few out there anyway. Lots of reading ahead to plan the replacement!

Cheers for advise again
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power steering rack.....replacement options - by Jellomanpie - 28-04-2020, 12:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Steering Pump, All The Same? bigcheez2k3 14 4,007 20-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: vento85
  Power Sterering Ram/ Steering damper pugfrank 6 3,070 08-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: pugfrank
  Power steering fluid choice stalker92 2 2,532 17-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: stalker92