Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howzit? Anyone know anything about 306 s16?
(28-07-2019, 08:33 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Welcome along to the club. The S16 is a rare beast. I can't claim to know a lot about the engine, other than it has something called an ACAV system which can need attention.

Suspension will be v similar to later GTI-6,  XSi & HDi so sourcing suitable parts shouldn't be to much of an issue. Front wish bone bushes have a habit of needing attention, along with rear beam as mentioned by Eeyore.

Electrical issues tend to plague cars of this age so you may have to deal with a few of those. As a min get yourself a multimeter n do some research online about how to chase such issues down. It's a steep learning curve but enjoyable if you like getting to grips with new stuff n overcoming a challenge.  Really common issues are fuel pump relay connection block, fan relay connection block n door wiring failure.

Have a read through the guides section n suspension / steering & electrical sections for more ideas on issues to look out for.

Good luck with the project!
Glad to be here. I really had no idea, I just saw the car and it really got my attention. Despite it's aesthetic flaws. 

It has been a steep curve already but thoroughly enjoyable. Will start reading and no doubt you'll hear from me again. 

Also thanks for the reply, as a new guy I really appreciate it.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Howzit? Anyone know anything about 306 s16? - by Lufta - 30-07-2019, 03:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Howzit from Tipp. (pic hoovy) Mex Giro 17 3,846 11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Last Post: 7057sam