Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 XSi 2.0 8v to RFS engine swap
As it will get MOT-ed (APK in Dutch) beginning of February, it is time to get it's own topic. Will need to get all pictures from Imageshack first but here is a start on the story already:

Over 5 years ago, the waterpump on the 2.0 8v was changed during the cambelt change. Unfortunately, a faulty one (plastic blades) was fitted and broke down. This killed the engine. As it was my very first own car, I could not get rid of it. Same night this one broke down, I bought a GTi6 which is now being restored. So I stalled the XSi... Then we bought a house... next up someone offered me a RFS engine plus 6speed gearbox. An offer I could not resist.

Together with the help of some friends I swapped the engine. But then it was stalled again due to work on the house, a convertible project, a kid... Last year I wanted to finalize the project and in June it went for MOT. Failed: tiny hole in cat, breaks were rusted at the back, braking system could not be bled (broken nozzle), no headlight adjustment, and some small other things. Well... it took me until a few weeks ago to be back working on it again. Fixed everything in one morning! Stupid me, shoeld have done this much sooner!

And today I called my no. 1 garage (150km away from here) for an MOT appointment.

Here is a photo of how the car is today:

[Image: 360.jpg]

More photo's and a detailed timeline of the project will follow soon!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Phase 1 XSi 2.0 8v to RFS engine swap - by Joep83 - 05-01-2019, 03:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate engine swap Spoonaltap 44 9,898 01-11-2022, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap