Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 HDi Not starting after sitting overnight
Y reg Peugeot 306 HDi Meridian, just shy of 90k miles.

Deleted what I had posted previously, as it was all incorrect and I was pointing the finger at starter motor issues when infact it was battery issues.

So, what I'm actually finding is after leaving the car overnight the battery is flat as a pancake, nowhere near enough charge to get her going. However once she does get going, I no longer seem to have troubles the rest of the day.

So next I need to find out if she's just not charging (alternator/charging system) or if the battery is being drained overnight while sat (poor earth?).

If anyone has any suggestions as to a likely culprit I'm happy to hear any ideas. I'm thinking tonight if I disconnect the battery overnight, that'll tell me if its a drain issue or a charging issue? Battery is one of those silvertop bosch ones I've heard many complaints about, plus its probably getting on a bit (must be 5+ years old at this point...) so could possibley be the battery itself failing to keep a charge? Either way, I'm hoping that leaving it disconnected overnight will provide me with some answers.

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Peugeot 306 HDi Not starting after sitting overnight - by CaptainHair - 10-10-2018, 12:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  soaking injector nozzles in white spirits overnight? td163 8 2,434 20-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Poodle