Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT!
While I'd got some time on my hands I thought I'd update this thread as it had been a while.

The reason for the lack of updates, I'd been saving to buy a pile of bricks in the shape of a house, unfortunately I couldn't afford to get one with a garage and enough room to park all my cars.

Not much had happened on the car in the last two years, in 2018 I'd swapped the N/S door with a less dented one but the shade is slightly off.

You can see that the skins been pushed in and the check strap has creased the metal
[Image: aRT93BL.jpg]

You can't really see it from a distance
[Image: VB1WXPp.jpg]
The wing is also slightly pushed in and I'd like to replace that to at some point and get them blown over so they match a little better and like a little tidier.

Door removed
[Image: tH3CQF0.jpg]

You can see the shade is slightly off here
[Image: OXk0YCp.jpg]
[Image: yYOqLS4.jpg]

Last year I had the seat I'd removed from the car repaired.

You can see here a small bit of leather on the bolster had been replaced as the old one had started to wear through
[Image: klJ9ASF.jpg]
[Image: MloXOpb.jpg]

The seat back in the car
[Image: 4sqQtO1.jpg]

How the seat was originally
[Image: wL2gR83.jpg]

The alcantera on the base of the seat and the bit on the upper bolster were replaced.

The quality of the work was average, good for the price but I wouldn't of minded paying more for a better finish.

At the moment the car is parked up at my parents place just over 100 miles away.

I think one of the first things I'll do after an oil and filter change is going to be swap out the drivers door handle as it Nile blue.

I was hoping to build a 6m x 5m workshop at the rear of the house but it has no rear access and only 1.7m wide alley to get to the rear so it'll mainly be used for my karting stuff.

I say hoping, I was meant to start it two weeks ago but with all that's going on I've been put on furlough. I'm not sure how my work will come back after this all subsides so there might be redundancies in the near future and I can't afford to spend my savings on the workshop at the moment.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT! - by DeeTurbo - 02-05-2020, 05:10 PM