Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible bosch pump problem/ no acceleration
Started the car tonight and although it was a bit reluctant to go initially it started and then ran fine. Took it round the industrial estate and was pulling fine, not quite as hard as normal but sure that's just because the fuelling isn't quite as high. Certainly felt really healthy. Brought it back into unit to top up coolant and as temp started to rise it spluttered a couple of times but a couple of blips of throttle seemed to clear it. Once it got to 90 degrees the problem was back though, cuts out and then when it does start it just wont rev.

Going to let it cool for a while and see if it's fine again. If so then I think it's safe to say that the problem is temperature dependent. Are there any faults that could cause this?

If cooling doesn't fix it then I'll start by bypassing the fuel filter (which was my planned starting point). Although it may be completely random I don't want to change anything else incase it just confuses the process of elimination.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: possible bosch pump problem/ no acceleration - by simonh - 01-07-2015, 07:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,351 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,946 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,462 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby