Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitness apps: What do you use? Any good?
Evening chaps.

So it's that time again, new year new you and all that. 
What apps do people use to track their fitness? I'm mainly interested in cycling based ones but any and all will do. What data does the one you use record? How does it display and save it? Is the interface any good? I'm currently on the Galaxy S5 so have ANT+ capability for data.
I started getting "cuddly" many, many moons ago, and decided around July 2014 to do something about it, mainly cuz that's when cycle2work started. Was going well until bad weather set in but now I've got the turbo trainer going and new year I'm determined I will stay the course and once built my levels back up will be out whatever the weather but for now in the man cave will do but I'm suffering a terrible lack of data...... and one of my major OCD's is I NEED data.

So anyway I started with Garmin Fit both on Apple and Android. Brilliant for tracking a ride via GPS on the phones, simple interface, clearly shows distance, time, speed, laps, and lays it all over Google maps too. Got even better when switched to Android and got me a ANT+ HRM and gave a more accurate calories burned.

So now am confined to garage I've got ANT+ speed and cadence sensors but Garmin wasn't playing ball with them so without travelling GPS data was next to useless.

A lot of people round here use Strava.... But I just don't like it don't know why but deleted.

Now I'm playing with Endemondo, it has a "indoor cycling" option among numerous others, managed to get the sensors connected.....BUT. It's not recording the data I want, it's showing it, but not keeping it. I want a record of my speed, instant, over laps, and total average along with distance travelled. But even though it's receiving the data it's isnt recording it for me thus I don't know "how far" I've actually gone, and at what speed but I know it's receiving the data as I can see it during the session and it keeps the HRM data but it's not letting me review speed/distance anywhere and it's driving me nuts.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Fitness apps: What do you use? Any good? - by Dodgy Bob - 01-01-2015, 09:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Dash Cam Apps Eeyore 9 1,822 21-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  android apps cully 23 5,501 27-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Mal
  Good/ useful apps for android? kentiiboii 40 15,468 14-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Arron