Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help getting money back from seller
So pretty sure these coilovers are fubared or at least the rears certainly are and considering I paid good money for "good condition" it seems fair that I should be getting some money back no?
How would i best go about doing this as I'm terrible at making a fuss, in true British spirit I would rather go "never mind, bad luck old boy" and have a cup of tea something I picked up from my parents no doubt. Also don't want him thinking I'm trying to scam him

I paid with paypal *but* unlike most people I paid extra to cover the paypal seller fees (he probably should have but again dont like making a fuss or anything) so I could open a paypal dispute if he refuses? How would I go about starting the conversation was thinking

"Hello, I'm letting you know that I'm not happy with the coilover purchase. These were advertised as good condition however I have had to remove the rears off the car as they were becoming dangerous to drive with due to the damping adjustments . The first time I put them on the car I had no touched the damping dial only the height of the spring, driving down the road I became immensely worried as the car would bounce wildly over every single bump causing me to take a taxi to work the next day as i was not comfortable driving with them on in their current state.
The next couple of days I managed to get the dial to softest settings and then to 9 clicks while an improvement over the original settings they were still not up to the task and still felt like I was driving around on blown shocks. After this they became stuck and one started spinning infinitely in either direction.
I have spoken with Gaz who advised that it is often a case people advertising their coilovers to be serviced when in fact they have opened them up to see this is not the case and have offered to rebuild the rears for £23.50 a side plus carriage. Considering I paid a fair price for these on the assumption they were in good condition I think it is fair that there is reimbursement to cover the costs for refurbishment so they are more like the "good condition" as originally advertised.
On another note the front top mounts also seem to have been assembled differently one side insides the number 11 piece as shown in the link and the other does not. http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001061 , could you please advise why this is? "
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Help getting money back from seller - by lolsteve - 04-11-2014, 09:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to get rid of some money? ROBCAT 13 3,098 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Silly money 205 chylledapps 3 1,493 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Travel Money MY95 3 1,726 13-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Frosty