Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screw or don't screw that's the question!?
Hi guys, I was just looking for some advice on my ph2 '99 D-Turbo(lucas) from some of u pros!Here's my cars story.. 130k current miles f.s.h and totally standard un-modded engine and fuel pump.I have receipts @90K miles for a 2nd hand engine,gearbox etc etc being fitted by citoren in edinburgh as well just says removed damaged engine so i'm guessing timing belt snapped on them bills for over well over 1k haha. the shell is a good 1 too.

The problem is..she burns a bit of oil (4L in 12 month exactly), u can smell it faintly when u open the car door to get out after a drive or when its sitting not moving while running. I am almost sure its the valve stem seals that worn out..the turbo seems ok (is there an easy way to check for a fukd turbo) there's no smoke coming the oil dipstick hole, even if u screw the lid off...the oil also a bit smells burnt. The car runs fine has never broken down or gone above 90c' ever. It starts 1st turn every time apart from sometimes after its up to 82c' occasionally it will miss the 1st turn but always starts within say 3,4 seconds anyway, don't know if this is related. The only real blue smoke out the back is when u start it after being left to go properly cold.. it just chuggs out blue smoke sounding like its hunting a bit.. but if u drive it till its even a bit warmer this is basically not seen again while driving unless u say drive around a town at 30 then the 1st bit of foot going out the road it will kick out a puff of blue smoke then as well.. its not burning a lot of oil as i said so what do uz think?? cud i screw it on the turbo it has to say 110-115bhp and last or will it just go pop? what should i do with it don't want to waste my £ because i'm brain dead with cars!![/u] Doh
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
screw or don't screw that's the question!? - by D Turbo Lyle - 30-04-2014, 06:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main Fuel Screw and Idle Speed ally406 6 1,749 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,503 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Radiator bleed screw/ tap vanished, possible better solution simonh 4 1,434 09-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: simonh