Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious rain water problem for the last eight months
Every time it rains, my passenger's foot well fills up with water. Must be a couple of litres in there. It has been like this for the last eight or so months but I have not got round to investigating further until today where I decided to bite the bullet and cut the carpet out of the passenger's foot well. By god it's wet in there. Here are some pics of what I am talking about:

[attachment=14144]

[attachment=14145]

As I found out, the whole of the sound insulation covering the bulkhead is soaked as well:

[attachment=14146]

It just keeps dripping down from where even when I have soaked up all of the water that has collected in the foot well.

There are two things that I know of that could be causing this:

1. Heater matrix (it is rain water, not a hint of antifreeze about it and I replaced the matrix back in 2012)

2. Scuttle panel rubber not fitted properly after replacing the heater matrix (except it looks like it is)

But 2. seems the most likely. So here are a few pics showing the rubber scuttle panel cover. There does seem to be a gap at the front I was wondering if that is usual or not?

[attachment=14147]

[attachment=14148]

[attachment=14149]

I really need to get on top of this before it leads to rot. There is only so long that galvanization can hold it at bay!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Serious rain water problem for the last eight months - by 306Puggy - 07-03-2014, 03:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How does the rain sensor cover come off? WiNgNuTz 6 2,733 05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz