Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh!
Right.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated/confused with this.

I'm looking at suspension upgrades for the '6. Buying & fitting is some way off still, so I'm doing all the groundwork figuring out what I need/want now.

My goal is to set the car up for good fast-road use with occasional track-use (maybe a couple a year)

I have discounted KW V1s for reasons explained more below.

I've discounted KV V2s because they're too expensive for my current budget.

I have for some time been looking at Gaz GHAs (the cheaper ones) as apparently theyâ??re prettymuch identical at the front, but the GAZ rear shockers are better. They also feature adjustable damping via a knob (ooh-er) on the side of the strut, which I like the sound ofâ?¦

However, it seems (whether informed or otherwise) these units take a right flaming on the '6 forum for being shit.

I'm tempted by GAZ GGAs (the more expensive ones), but they're stretching my budget a bit currently.

My aim is to make the car handle better, with a bit of ride-height adjustability, and to be compatible with eccentric top-mounts.

The main goal is the handling; hence I'm pretty nervous the cheaper Gaz units will ruin the handling of the car.

If it turns out the best thing suspension-wise is Billy B8s with Eibachs, and standard top-mounts, then I'm fine with that; I'm just running myself in circles here trying to work out what I need!

Your thoughts and opinions pretty please (particularly Phil/Ripp, who also has a pm to much the same tune from a couple of weeks ago!!) Tongue

And on the subject of the '6 forum; look who I foundâ?¦.

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=142629

lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Ed Doe - 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Re: Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Ian - 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Re: Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Niall - 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Re: Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Ian - 08-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Re: Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Ruan - 09-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Re: Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Curt - 09-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Re: Gaz, KWs or Billy B8s?!?! arrrrgh! - by Ben - 02-03-2012, 05:48 PM