Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get my xud back to how it use to be!?
Having a few running issues at the moment, this is how the story goes, had a k14, bosch with ground lda setup, it was happily running 24psi for 20k miles +, until i got a bit bored and upped the boost to 28-30psi, it was great fun but within 2 weeks this happened

Sads times, anyway picked up a t2 that had never been adjusted or messed with, swapped them over, replaced the exhaust/inlet gasket, and the d seal..

Fired up straight away after 3 months sitting much to my surprise haha! took it for a drive and it was making 13-14psi as expected, it was coaling like mad as the boost couldnt support the amount of fuel that was going through, so i upped the boost to 19 psi, a lot less coal now but still pretty bad on boost, ive turned the fuelling down a lot now so there is only a slight amount of smoke when onto boost, the problem now is that when giving it a good ragging the boost struggles to build up if that makes sense? will smoke alot and hang around the 10 psi mark unless i let off and re apply the throttle slowly? if that makes sense? i even tried the standard lda pin back in but the problems still there.. from what i can find on here im led to believe it could be the wastegaste being weak and being forced open? or that the pump is losing pressure at higher revs? i could be completely wrong but hey!

Sorry to go on but any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Mitch.
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Trying to get my xud back to how it use to be!? - by Mitch - 28-04-2013, 07:44 PM